cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Turn Off Landline Interrupted Dial Tone (1571 Voicemail)

Cluster-Lizard
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

How can I cancel the interrupted dial tone when voicemail you do not want to listen to is left?

The usual solution suggested is to listen to the voicemail and the press 3(?) to delete it when prompted at the end. When the whole point is not to have to listen to the voicemail that is not a lot of help. There must be a hand set number code for either deleting the specific voicemail prompt or canceling the dial tone.

So is there a way of doing this without having to access and presumably paying for accessing the service?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Cluster-Lizard
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

Thanks for the quick response.

I know the dial tone prompt is only a minor annoyance and it is a small amount (Standard Voicemail) to access an 1571 message but it seems odd you can't delete a message without listening to it.

In this case I know what the voicemail was because the caller 'phoned back when I was available and they told me they'd left an earlier message. I don't want to block them.

Although I only get a few cold or silent calls now they sometimes leave voicemail too which is why I thought it worth asking about this.

It just seems wrong that there's no simple way of doing it. I either have to pay a fee to access voicemail just to be able to delete a message or put up with the interrupted dial tone for the next 30 days or however long until the voicemail is automatically deleted.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

@Cluster-Lizard, if you pay monthly with Voicemail Plus there are no additional charges for checking messages.

See under charges:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Using-TalkTalk-voicemail/ta-p/2223365

If there's a caller that you know you don't want to listen to you can always block them using last caller barring, or callsafe.

Otherwise, the only instructions are as in the article. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes