cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

VOIP not working

mazin1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

Is there a national problem with talktalk's VOIP? That is what I was told when called the support desk last week. I can't see anywhere where talktalk are communicating with customers and giving them an update on this issue. can anyone advise?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Good morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for letting me know 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi Michelle

Just to let you know VOIP has started working as of today. Its all very odd as I have done nothing at this end and the replacement grandstream box has yet to arrive. Somebody must have tweaked something. 

Mazin

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi Mazin,

Thanks for the update and we'll also check back in with you after this date to see how you're getting on. I've also included our auto compensation policy below,

About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

hi Michelle

Thanks for following up. Yes the team did call today. The VOIP issue is still unresolved. They are sending out another grandstream box just in case that is the problem, which will be another 3 to 5 days to arrive. I have been promised  a call after Christmas on 26th to see if it is working with a new box. Fingers crossed it does the trick but I am not convinced it will.

I have had no land line since 11 December which has been extremely inconvenient. I would very much appreciate your advice  on how I best go about getting some compensation or goodwill gesture from Talktalk.

Thanks

Mazin

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hello,

I believe that my colleague has now made contact. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 6 of 16

Morning,

Apologies, I will chase the team for an update now.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

hi Michelle

No news? Nobody has contacted me.

I am finding the experience with TalkTalk customer service quite frustrating  : (

Mazin

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hello,

Thank you. I've escalated this straight over to our Faults Escalation Team now and I will post back here as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Michelle

I have updated my profile.

Mazin

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi,

Thank you for trying this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number/account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi michelle

Yes it is a grandstream. I have switched the device of from the power, reconnected it and then  reset the factory settings with a pin but no joy. the blue light for the phone line does not come on. 

Can you please escalate as I have so far had 2 calls with tech and no joy. I wonder if my account has been set up properly?

Many thanks

Mazin

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Morning mazin1,

There was an outage last week but this has now been resolved. Can I just confirm, are you using the Digital Voice Adapter (Grandstream) please? Could you try resetting the DVA again please, holding the pin in until the leds on the top start blinking simultaneously. If there is no change following this then let us know and we can pass this straight over to our Faults Escalation Team for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

yes still a problem ! have tried resetting etc. The call centre said a problem with all vOIP?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Hi mazin1

Apologies for this.

Can I just confirm, is this fault still happening this morning?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

There was an issue during the week, @mazin1.

Staff will reply during the week. 

I'll move this to the home phone section. On there it might be worth you reading the posts on the subject, with tips for resetting equipment etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes