cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Voicemail 1571 not available

richardmleggett
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

My voicemail (1571) is not working. I missed a call the other day and there is now a message waiting tone on the line. However, when I dial 1571, I just get a message saying, "Sorry the service requested is not available. Thank you for calling. Please hang up."

I'm not sure when this stopped working. I recently took out a new contract, so may be linked to that. I've just read that "Standard voicemail" is no longer available to new accounts, but I've always had voicemail and nobody told me I was going to lose it.

I spent an hour on chat the other day and the person could only suggest unplugging my phone and dialling 1212, neither of which made any difference.

Can anyone suggest a fix? 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Thanks, I've passed this over to our future fibre team for investigation. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly 

Chris

0 Likes

richardmleggett
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 12

Yes, still the same problem - "Sorry the service requested is not available."

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

OK thanks for trying that. Could you just confirm that it's still not working and I'll pass it over to our Future Fibre team

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

richardmleggett
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 12

Did this... switched everything off for over 30 minutes. When turned back on, one thing has changed - I now no longer get the message waiting tone. However, still the same problem on dialling 1571 - "Sorry the service requested is not available".

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

OK thanks. Could you switch the router and ONT off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

richardmleggett
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 12

It's the Wifi Hub 2.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

OK thanks for trying. Do you have an eero with DVA or a wifi hub 2?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Thanks, Chris. But no, still getting the message "Sorry the service requested is not available" when I dial 1571.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Thanks. Voicemail appears to be active. I've made a change, can you please retest and let me know if it is now working

Chris

0 Likes

richardmleggett
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Thanks, Chris. Just done!

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi Richard,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris