cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

phone line not working correctly

Kev-n
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

hi guys my broadband & landline switched to talk talk yesterday, I now discover my landline isn't working correctly, I have a dial tone and can dial out, but when someone tries to call me they get the message ' sorry you have dialled an incorrect number please check and dial again' the line was working with current equipment before the switch, I also have received an email from talk talk saying everything is connected and the landline number is the same. can someone get this sorted please. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

OK, just let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

hi Chris I've just enabled it, I thought that would have been done automatically.  I'll monitor it see if it kicks in 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Glad to hear it's working. Is Caller display enabled in your My Account?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

hi Chris it's started working now, but every number is showing as a withheld number on my phone 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Kev,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test isn't picking up any issues. Could you dial 17070 from your landline and check that the number read back to you is your number

Chris

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes