cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile support

For any questions about your TalkTalk mobile service.

Leaving TalkTalk mobile after being a loyal customer for over 20 years

philmex1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

22 May 2024 - I've really had enough of TalkTalk mobile and the company as a whole. As a supply teacher I have to use my own data in the school I currently work for. This is for signing into networks and systems and uses up a lot of data. I already had a 500 mb boost on my account and that has been used up. When I rang TalkTalk up their rep told me I could not have any more data. Apparently this is company policy - as TalkTalk are winding down their mobile company you are only allowed one extra data boost, even in emergency circumstances. When I asked to speak to a manager, she cut me off. When I spoke to a second representative, she confirmed that I could not have any further boosts but would end up paying £2 for every 50 mb I use outside my plan. This was in spite of the fact that I was away from home attending a close relative's funeral and urgently needing extra data to cover messaging, finding directions and checking for important professional emails. Absolutely no extenuating circumstances even if you are willing to pay for additional data up front.

I am appalled at TalkTalk's disgraceful handling of my difficult situation. The best your second representative 'Lisa' could suggest was that I find an alternative mobile provider! I asked to speak to her manager and she said there was no one available. I've heard that lie before when contacting TalkTalk before about issues - there's never a manager available when you want to speak to one

29 May 2024 - Over a week since I made my first complaint to TalkTalk. I've just got back from a few days holiday visiting family. To add insult to injury, I haven't been able to make or receive any calls. This is not the first time this has happened - in fact, it happens a lot. The line just goes dead. It's very inconvenient especially when trying to make urgent phone calls. Someone has been trying to phone me from TalkTalk, but the call hasn't got through - I just get a message. I have managed to rectify this situation in the past by rebooting my phone, but today it didn't work three times. I could not receive or make calls.

30 May 2024 - Back home. I've just finished a call with a TalkTalk manager called Anna using my landline. I really get the impression that TalkTalk don't want customers having mobile phone accounts with them as she repeated company policy of not allowing customers extra boosts and told us to leave TalkTalk and find a more suitable provider. What??? A communications company that doesn't want customers??? When I asked about my phone call issues she advised me to turn my phone off and then on again. As if I hadn't tried that already!!

I'm aware that a vast number of customers are leaving TalkTalk and it doesn't surprise me. The company needs to be held to account for its total lack of awareness and shocking customer service.

Bottom line: Worst customer service I have ever encountered - from any company. Suffice to say that I will be closing my TalkTalk mobile account as soon as possible.

3 REPLIES 3

exasperated2021
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

Hi there

I replied to this with my own thoughts which were removed.  Knowing the reader posseses a degree of intelligence, and lets all imagine ourselves in Pyongyang enjoying a display hosted by our glorious leader:

1. They never lost my sim number and could not get me a PAC number.Oh no, I got it even before i asked!

2. They never made an appointment then forgot to call me

3. They never went, round and round in circles incapable of finding my mobile number and PAC code

This is clearly an exceptionally well run organisation, that truly cares about its customers, and lets us all express our thoughts on this platform without censorship.  If they had a company song, I would sing it!

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for your suggestion. I've just signed up for a really good deal with iD on a monthly rolling contract. We'll see how that goes.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

A few years ago now TalkTalk wrote to customers suggesting they migrate to o2 for the same cost as they were closing down then.

I then migrated from O2 to Lebara using an MSEv3xclusive and get 5gb now for less than £5. It is every 4 weeks rather than monthly but I'm pleased with this deal. 

There are very good deals around on SIM only.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).