cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile support

For any questions about your TalkTalk mobile service.

lost access to my Tiscali email accounts on my mobile phone

surfing69
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 8 of 8

Hello
a few weeks ago I became aware of an issue of Tiscali emails NOT being received or sent from my android phone. I have been using the following settings for over 2 – 3 years without any issues and suddenly my email accounts XXXXXXa@tiscali.co.uk and XXXXXXo@tiscali.co.uk have stopped responding. Nothing else has changed.

I also have Hotmail and Gmail accounts and these are responding normally.

REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS 

i have attached a screenshot of the current settings which had worked for over 2 years until a few weeks ago.

does anyone know whats going on?

thanks 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

The notifications about the changes to settings were sent out about 2 years ago. Less than 6% were opened and read across the whole customer base. With so many customers only using email it wasn't possible to notify them by any other method. The email hub has the correct settings and has had since the changes were made. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

surfing69
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

hello

yes - thanks for doing this. I should have done this myself but was in a rush when posting. 

Will obviously remember next time 

Message 3 of 8

if this is the case, why didn't talktalk inform those users still using the old server addresses?   However if they did send out an email I certainly don't recall seeing one regarding this matter.  If an email was sent, you wouldn't happen to know when? 

thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

@surfing69, I've removed the displayed email addresses.

Now the issue is resolved anyway. 

Scammers harvest email addresses, so we recommend never displaying these in forum threads. 

If you ever need to add that sort of information in future, put it in Private Notes, at the end of Personal Information in the profile area. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

We have been enforcing the new secure setting for a couple of years and recent changes to our DNS setup mean the old settings won't work.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

surfing69
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

My Tiscali emails are now being received and sent !! 

Thank you for the advice

However I don't understand why my old settings worked fine until a few weeks ago ?   Did TalkTalk change the server settings and removed the ones I was using ?  It just seems very odd to wake up one day and not be able to send or receive emails from my phone

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Try changing the hostname to IMAP.TALKTALK.NET and SMTP.TALKTALK.NET and let me know how you get on. 

Ady

0 Likes