cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Mark As Spam

mikey-2041
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

I am receiving dozens and dozens of Spam Emails which I send Straight to the "Mark As Spam" box.

In the last two weeks, I have received and just deleted 150 of them

I keep getting identical Spam Emails into my TalkTalk Mail

this "Mark As Spam" box seems pretty useless and not fit for purpose

What is it supposed to do?

Should it identify them and block them?

I do NOT want to set up another Email Account and want to continue using my TalkTalk Mail.

Anybody any idea how to stop them without having to send them to the TalkTalk Phishing Account

I am continuously receiving too many to do this

1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Spammers and scammers, funded by criminal activity and a haul of disposable cash and cheap labour, readily change IP addresses and sending mail addresses.  Have you spotted any common features like a shared sending domain?

What the TalkTalk Mail Mark as spam feature does is report the spam to CloudMark a Proofpoint spam detection service. CloudMark will create a fingerprint of the spam so that this will help to identify spam regardless of source or sending email address. Your reports are collated with other reports and whilst the spam may not stop immediately or ever stopped completely there are billions of mail messages analysed daily and many millions of spam messages blocked. 

All you need to do is a single click on Mark as spam, the report will be sent to CloudMark, the spam removed to the Spam folder and from there auto-deleted after 30 days. So all you do is one single click per spam message.

Some members here suggest using additional measures including analysing mail yourself and making reports to Spamcop. So feel free to spend your days reporting to Spamcop but judge the success of using Spamcop and indeed all methods of stopping spam being received by the amount of spam you still receive because those criminals know your email address and will keep changing their tactics to get around the blocks that do get put in place.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution