cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Scam Protection & Security settings

KJC2561
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I am not able to get into my security and change settings, it now just keeps going round trying to sell me SuperSafe and telling me to download the Eero App to manage security. I have downloaded the App and it still wont allow me to make security changes on.

I used to do this easily on the TalkTalk website in My security.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

Can any of the TalkTalk Full Fibre 150, 500 or 900 which are normally eero-enabled packages, be set to eero-disabled?

Bill

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi KJC2561 

I can give you the answer as it's very straightforward.

If your TalkTalk package is Full Fibre 150, 500 or 900 and is an eero enabled package with eero 6 or eero pro 6 provided free-issue by TalkTalk then that package will be supported with eero Secure instead of TalkTalk HomeSafe.

The eero Secure Advanced Network Security on eero enabled packages operates at a network level via the TalkTalk DNS servers. It is important that the TalkTalk DNS is set as the default DNS in order to be assured that your network connection is protected from viruses, malware, phishing attacks and other malicious downloads etc.

TalkTalk eero enabled packages do not work with HomeSafe and cannot select HomeSafe in place of eero Secure. On non-eero enabled packages then HomeSafe, including Scam Protection blocking of potentially malicious remote access software, is available via the TalkTalk DNS servers.

The eero Support Hub is your go-to resource for information, guides and Community support

Select here:
eero Support Hub

eero 6 and eero Pro 6 Help

eero - Setting up your eero

eero app

Using eero advanced features

eero Secure

eero Secure - Blocking or Allowing websites

eero Secure - Managing your content filters

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 6

Ady

I have always used Homesafe whilst having Eero before so what is the problem?
Are you saying that I have no security now? 

It also states on your website

HOMESAFE
Our web filter is included for your home network, protecting any device that’s connected.

So please explain what has changed and why?

Please answer

Do I or do I not have Scam protection with TalkTalk?

0 Likes

KJC2561
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Ady

I have always used Homesafe whilst having Eero before so what is the problem?
Are you saying that I have no security now? 

It also states on your website

HOMESAFE
Our web filter is included for your home network, protecting any device that’s connected.

So please explain what has changed and why?

Please answer

Do I or do I not have Scam protection with TalkTalk?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi KJC2561, when using Eero you can't use HomeSafe or Supersafe anymore. Have you tried removing and reinstalling the Eero app?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes