cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

SuperSafe Failed installation

VicF47
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Windows 7 Home Premium Edition + SP1: Intel Core i5 processor

"MyAccount" shows "SuperSafe" activated with several licenses including Windows 7 laptop.

Laptop shut-down and unused for a couple of weeks while away from home.  On re-starting Banking Protection sent a warning message and TT 'Online Defence' would not start or update. Tried several times. FAQs suggested uninstalling and starting again, so tried it.

Downloaded the installer but when I tried to run it I got the message that my device was not compatible.  Tried to run the old installer (downloaded November 2019) but after the first 'welcome' screen, again I got the message that device was not compatible.

Is there anything I can do to resolve the issue?

NB:  SuperSafe seems to be working fine on my Windows 10 desktop PC

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Ady and Divsec,

Thanks for your comments.

Pretty much as I thought.  I've been putting it off for a while.  Unfortunately the laptop is now 13 years old and when I checked about upgrading to Windows 10 a year or three back it said "device was not suitable", so I need to splash out on new tech.

However, Supersafe system requirements still says Window 7 is OK!  Time for an edit of the FAQs I think

Regards,

Vic

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi VicF47, Divsec has hit the nail on the head. Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft and as a result can't be supported by others.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi @VicF47 I think you might need to bite the bullet and upgrade from Windows 7.

Windows 7 has not been supported by Microsoft for quite some time now. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.