cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Username & passwords

peterwa7
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Several attempts to log in have ended in failure.  Eventually (using the non-wifi password), I got somewhere.  A strange place, it afforded me no means to change the default user p/w or anything else.  There was a load of stuff I had no idea about!

Instant confusion!  Like I need this . . . .

What to do now?  Can you change these things anymore?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Unless your neighbour knows your password or has had access to to the router's WPS button, it's highly unlikely they will have access to your system.

Once into you dashboard you can check for devices attached to the router.

Once you change the WiFi password you will need to connect your own devices again.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 2 of 6

It's a browser address, don't type it into the Google search bar.

Open a new tab and type it where you'd see a website address.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

peterwa7
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

And the problem is it doesn't work like that.  I type in the IP into Google and I get a host of sites offering advice, none of which got me there.  Should I have typed the 192 168. . . . etc into the browser here instead, on talk-talk?  Wouldn't need to do this but I have this next door guy who has a TP LINK device and I'm suspicious.  Don't trust the b*gger!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi Peter,

I can see that fr8ys has pointed you in the right direction. To access the router UI you use the router username and password, the wifi password is to connect device to your router by wifi

Chris

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

I agree it can be daunting to change your wifi password.

Now you can get into the Router, the following help pages will hopefully guide you through the process.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-do-I-view-or-change-my-Wi-Fi-name-and-password/ta-p...