cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Was this a scam?

jmgbythesea
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

I was accessing the internet via my iPad yesterday afternoon when suddenly a questionnaire/survey from TalkTalk popped up on screen. I was also watching tennis at the same time so didn't really register all the details straightaway. The survey was asking about what device was I using etc, etc and after two or three questions the survey said if I continued I would be eligible for a reward. The rewards listed were quite considerable, such as new Samsung phone for cost of postage only, three year subscription to Netflix, and many many more quite costly items for virtually no cost. At this point the "if it sounds too good to be true ..." reaction kicked in and I exited it immediately. 

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi jmgbythesea, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't use this system of information collecting. We already know what device you're using on your connection and when we do offer gifts or competition prizes its usually low value like a TT router or WIFI booster etc.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes