cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

how to allow teamviewer

Sunny59
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

how to allow access to teamviewer?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

I_am_H15
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

How to unblock TeamViewer - the SAFE way

TeamViewer is blocked by TalkTalk as part of ‘Scam Protection’, so If you want to use it for remote working you’ll need to unblock it. Here’s how:

Log into ‘your TalkTalk account and click on “My package and services”, then go to “My security settings”.

Once there, you could turn off “Scam Protection” to allow TeamViewer to work, but that is NOT a good idea as it will unblock everything! There is a SAFER WAY:

Turn on “Kid Safe” and go to “Kid Safe Settings”. Even if you don’t have kids you might want to tick one or two types of websites to block (someone might visit someday).

Then “Click here to manually block or allow websites”.

In the “Website URL” box type teamviewer.com, click “Allow” then “Save changes”.

You should now be able to access TeamViewer.

(Like Keith, I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.)

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Unless things have changed, you'll probably have to turn Scam Protection off.

Scam Protection is part of HomeSafe. The Homesafe settings can now be managed yourself, from within MyAccount, please follow the below steps to disable scam protection on your line:

1. Log into MyAccount
2. Select My Services
3. Select View HomeSafe settings
4. Go to the Scam Protection section
5. Select OFF and confirm when you see the pop up window

Thanks

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?