cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

new linked accounts warning- login and link before type a new post otherwise it will disappear

hughwpearce
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I lost all the post i typed as you no longer lets you login after you press the post button if you have not linked your accounts.  If you try and login it sends a code which after you enter comes up with your other TT account and password saying authentification failure despite them being correct and you have no choice but to refresh the screen then it does accept them and goes to TT website that has all your details etc not the community one and you loose your post you typed. 

So login and link your accounts before trying to post anything    otherwise you will loose everything as the login after you type your post no longer works if accounts are not linked.

Could this be fixed or a warning put up before people type posts that they need to link accounts to avoid others having to retype lost post?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

The log in email address for the community is now your My Account one - I agree that this is NOT made clear when signing in via the community.

Don't change any of your current forum / My Account details.

I have flagged the issue of how unclear that instruction is to @StephenF.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 2 of 8

Hi

It's fairly simple, the sites are this one and the "My account" one.

I have no problems with the my account one when I access it alone.  

Its this one that asks for login email address (the login email used here is different to one used in my account site) and then sends you a 6 digit code which when you enter for some reason takes you to the my account page login screen that shows your correct my account email and password and a message saying login failed and there no other options so I refreshed the page and the login failure message has disappears and I it accepts the same um and pw when i press login and goes to my account  home page.     Now when I return to this site it I seem to be logged in and can post as I am now.

It may be easier to tell me how it should work ?

Hugh

0 Likes

StephenF
Community Manager
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

@hughwpearce wrote:

Even though I linked the accounts yesterday I still getting login issues after I put in the emailed code it TTCom it shows TT login page with message authenticity failure  and only option is to reload then and then you can login ok to tt site.  Then TTcom site seems to work when you go in and post.  I have different email addresses for the TTcom and TT sites is this causing the problem ?  As I thought linking the account would only require one login ?  

With regards to the above, can you confirm which websites your using and navigating to and from, we have several sub domains on the talktalk domain and not all use SSO. If you can explain step by step what your doing and what's happening I'll be more than happy to investigate.

Stephen, Community Manager
0 Likes

StephenF
Community Manager
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Morning @hughwpearce 

Firstly sorry for the poor experience you've had with that initial post being lost but thank you for flagging this as you've raised a great point. The good news is that, this is now fixed as of this morning.

Before we enabled the new login (sso) we would authenticate users after they submit their post with the post being cached so it's not lost. Something we didn't identify in testing or realise is that with sso and caching of the post is lost because we take you to the new identity page and then back again after authentication at which point the post is lost. 

Going forward, anyone who isn't logged into the community and clicks a "post" button will be pushed to login before they are able to create a post. 

Thanks again for raising this. 

Stephen, Community Manager

hughwpearce
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

Even though I linked the accounts yesterday I still getting login issues after I put in the emailed code it TTCom it shows TT login page with message authenticity failure  and only option is to reload then and then you can login ok to tt site.  Then TTcom site seems to work when you go in and post.  I have different email addresses for the TTcom and TT sites is this causing the problem ?  As I thought linking the account would only require one login ?  

On the subject of allowing people to entre a post when not logged and then login when they try to submit post was always  a bad idea and serves no useful purpose ?   Surely it should comeup with the login prompt when you press new post and not allow you to enter a post before you are logged in?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

@hughwpearce, so it hadn't saved either in drafts (these can be found at the end of ACTIVITY, in the profile area)?

You are right, it was a very handy attribute of the recent version of the forum. 

Part of the point now, though, is to avoid scammers/spammers being able to post. It was possible to start a thread when merely registered with any email address. Now that the forum ID is linked to the My Account ID, that can't happen, so we should be spared the time wasters and the dodgy links that could be quite hazardous. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Useful feedback, @hughwpearce.