cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Why does Homesafe want me to turn it off?

DrStrange
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hello, Could somebody tell me why my account says that I should turn off Homesafe?

HomesafeHomesafe

I have the Scam Protection and Virus Alerts settings turned on, Everything else is set to off.

Is it because:

When I upgraded to Full Fibre, I swapped out for the Eero for a Sagemcom Fast 5464 WiFi Hub that I bought on eBay. Homesafe thinks I still have this Eero and is confused? However, TalkTalk has since auto updated the Firmware on the Sagemcom so I assume that it is not a third-party router and Homesafe should support it?

I use the TalkTalk DNS settings.

PS. I suggest "turn these turn-off" is not grammatically correct.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

DrStrange
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

@Gondola, again you're right. I just tried to turn the Scam and Virus settings back on again in Homesafe after reconnecting the Sagemcom router and found that all the settings had disappeared. There is just the red banner that I posted in my last post.

@Ady-TalkTalk , would TalkTalk be able and willing to reconfigure the service to that of a non-eero router ie for my Sagemcom Fast 5464 router so I can access Homesafe please?(192.168.1.1 shows it as a TalkTalk WiFi Hub 2 on FW version SG4K100174

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Your broadband service as currently configured will not access HomeSafe.  You'll be left with a false sense of security.

TalkTalk would have to agree to reconfigure the service for a non-eero router in order for HomeSafe to be accessible.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

DrStrange
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your reply. I do see eero Secure under Discover in the eero app and I see a My eero section in My Account. I turned off the Scam and Virus settings in Homesafe and the banner changed to this:

Homsafe all settings offHomsafe all settings off

So you are correct in what you say, that My Account is configured for the eero, even though I did not have it connected.

As I actually need to use the Sagemcom FAST 5464 router (because the eero doesn't have enough ethernet ports for all my devices), I will reconnect it and just leave the Scam and Virus settings in Homesafe turned on. Thank you.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

Hi @DrStrange 

You're right that the red banner message is both superfluous and badly worded.

Your customer MyAccount is configured for the originally supplied eero 6 router. Hence the blue banner message.

Eero accounts are provided with eero Secure that's controlled via the eero app.

The Home safe settings are not accessible so all you can do is ignore the red banner message.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

DrStrange
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Hi Ady, I have sent you personal messages about my account.

I reconnected the eero and went into the eero app. I do not see any settings concerning Homesafe. I went back into My Account and still see the same message about "turn these turn-off" Homesafe features under "My package and services">"My security settings".

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi DrStrange, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information and to allow me to access your account. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes