cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

ports blocked

dd1982
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

hi ive  port forwarded ports 443 and 25565. ive tried port checker and it says the`re both open but i cant access my web server or a minecraft server from wan. its deffinatley the router because using a different router works

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

No problem, glad to help.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

dd1982
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

Yep that was it. I've never had any router that does that before. Thank you

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

There is nothing wrong with your rules. I used the same & they are both open:-

TCP 443TCP 443TCP 25565TCP 25565

When you say that you can't access the servers from your WAN interface, how are you testing this? If it is from another device locally connected to your router & targeting the server via the router's WAN IP address or DDNS domain, then you won't be successful. This is because of NAT loopback, which all TalkTalk routers consider a security vulnerability. Whenever a local device tries to go out to the internet & back into the router again, it is blocked by the router. If you have a smartphone, disconnect it from the WiFi & test using mobile data.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

dd1982
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

Thanks.

1000012719.jpg

Its a fast 5364-3. T8

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Hi @dd1982 

@Michelle-TalkTalk has asked me to help you with this. Please can you confirm which make/model of router you are using? In your reply, please include a screenshot of the port forwarding rule that you have configured, so that I can check it for you.

Keith

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Morning,

@KeithFrench  Would you be able to offer any advice on this please?

Thanks

Michelle