cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Connecting Hub to TV

linco
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I followed all the instructions that came with the Hub,  which said connect aerial directly into the Hub.   I can get all programmes through the Hub but the TV then says "No signal"  and I cant get any  channels, but can receive apps.   Although maybe it doesn't matter as I can view through the Hub I would like to know what I may have done wrong... Thank you.  

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

Pleased we helped you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

linco
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Thank you so much for your replies explaining what I need to do.   I am pleased to know I hadn't done anything wrong!  

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

You haven't done anything wrong. If you want to view via the aerial directly on your TV as well as through the hub then a simple splitter and added co-ax cable will do the job. 

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

If I'm reading this right, you have lost the channels on the TV now the hub is connected.

If so, you will need a separate aerial feed to the TV and to do this you will need an aerial splitter and 2 cables, one to the hub and one to the TV.

As you can't view both at the same time and the hub displays them it's not necessary but it does mean using the box all the time.

If you still wish to use your old YouView box, assuming this still works, in tandem, then this is also possible but again requires a separate aerial feed. 

You can normally buy various splitters and cables from local supermarkets or on line stores.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).