cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New TV Hub Cant add programs to Watchlist

Twist
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Just received new Hub after old box stopped recording. I wasn’t made aware that there would be no record function on the new hub. Apparently I should just add my favourite programs to my watchlist to watch later. I have now tried this with several programs, only to get a message saying “can’t add to watchlist as this program is not available on demand”. Finding this very frustrating. Preferred old box. Being elderly,  I probably won’t use all of the extra apps and features of the new one so it’s a bit disappointing for me. Any tips on how to add programs to watchlist ? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

I think you go to the programme in MyTV. Then click the i button and a menu appears below with delete showing.

I say think, as I haven't got mine connected at the moment to confirm.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

I  share your frustrations! I have the new Tv hub and many programmes are ‘not available on demand’.  In the past it’s been easy to record various things but not now. I have added some programmes that are available to add to my list. However, how do I then delete them? I’m not a ‘techy’ person and this new system from Talk Talk seems worse. Can anyone help? I spent ages today with someone from Talk Talk and got nowhere.  

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

You can add programmes each way but whichever way you do it it's through the guide. 

I.e you select a programme click for information and if it's possible to add to the watchlist there will be an option, or you start playing the programme (assuming it's in the past and has the arrow icon)which will open the app and then once started the programme is added to your watchlist.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Twist
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

This is totally confusing. On email received today with tips, states I can just scroll through 7 day guide and bookmark programmes from there. You are telling me I can’t do that. I have to start watching the program through an app in order to bookmark it !!

This is not making sense to me at all. In any case, I followed your advice and tried through apps, but now I don’t even get error message - just nothing. Can’t add anything.

Should it really be so difficult ?? I spent almost 2 hours on chat going through diagnostic checks on the old box before they agreed I needed a replacement. Now I am having to spend hours trying to work out how to use the new one. I have been with Talktalk forever, since startup really and always been quite happy, but this experience is making me want to leave.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

The watchlist will only work for on demand programmes.

once you have played or started to play a programme from within an app it should be added.

please also note this will only work for the catch-up apps for those channels within the guide. It doesn't or didn't work on apps such as Pluto TV 

0 Likes