cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New channels

Teegee333
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

My Talktalk box constantly finds new channels that I cannot watch.

The box asks me to connect to the internet,whisch I already am. Any help?

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Thats what I have done.Thanks for clearing it up.

May have to ditch the box and go freeview.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Just to make it clear, this is a YouView limitation, not just a limitation with the TalkTalk box.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

If you have a YouView box, this is a limitation with this as it cannot connect to these internet only channels. These are to be found in the 200+ range.

YouView boxes pick up channels from Freeview and these channels are available on Freeview play boxes and Smart TVs. Non smart TVs will also have these channels listed and receive the same warning messages as you get.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to get these via your box.

You could always hide these channels from view in the guide by using the yellow button and selecting them.

Whilst these will be hidden in the guide, they are not truly hidden as if you type the channel number the box will attempt to connect. Likewise if you scroll using the channel select up / down button, you will eventually hit them, but scrolling through the guide you won't see them, unless a new channel appears, when you can hide that one from view.

If there are normal Freeview channels you don't wish to see in the guide you can hide these too. If say you wish to hide the shopping channels, when in the guide use the blue button to select a category, then yellow to edit, then select the channels and done to hide them.

I find this declutters the guide.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes