cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Faulty tv box

dudkate
Participant
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hi I have a faulty tv box. It’s leaking brown liquid & has ruined our oak tv unit. Rather worried! Thanks 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

@dudkate, you need to ask for the new 4K TV box and you won't be charged twice for the TV package - the £5 is INSTEAD of the old TV charge. 

You must talk to loyalty, as detailed several times above! I don't understand why you keep repeating the same question as Karl has given you all you need to know, @dudkate.

Staff won't be back now before Monday  - but they can't set you up with the new TV as the package description must be adjusted by the LOYALTY team. So you have to ring the number I gave you (not available on Sunday for this).

20230902_085141.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Karl 

no I’m happy with the package I have. 

I’m currently paying for the tv package so surely if my box is faulty and caused damage to my furniture I should get a new box??

if not what am I supposed to do? If that’s the case I will think about leaving talk talk . Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

They wouldn't automatically offer a new box with the new contract (similarly, you are not offered a new router while an older one works).

You will have to contact 03451 720088 to arrange for the new box and get the fee set up on your account. It's a hire charge for the box rather than the old TV charge, @dudkate.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

I recently renewed my contract but wasn’t offered a new box. Now I’m paying for a service with faulty equipment. Are you able to order a new box please? Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi

The new 4K TV box requires that you have TalkTalk entertainment added to your package at £5 per month.

If you are interested in the new 4K TV box, give our Loyalty Team a call and they can make the required changes to your package.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

dudkate
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 14

Hi Karl 

I have recently renewed but wasn’t offered a new box. Obviously I’m paying for a service with faulty equipment, are you able to arrange a new box please? Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi

We no longer provide those boxes, TalkTalk stopped providing those about 3 years ago, so this box cannot be replaced.

There is a new 4K TV box however if you are out of contract you would be asked to renew, also, there is a charge of £5 per month or the box rental.

If this is something you are interested in, give our Loyalty team a call and they can go through your options with you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi karl

Yes we’ve checked that and all dry. Are you able to arrange a new box as doesn’t feel safe using this one any longer. 

thanks kate 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi

There are no liquid components inside these boxes, I've had these open before and there is not that much inside, so I would advise checking the cables ate the back are not wet.

TalkTalk stopped providing these legacy boxes 3 years ago, so the boxes are now obsolete and cannot be repaired or replaced.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

I did send my reply straight away yest but only now realised it’s a no reply email! 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

IMG_6164.jpeg

IMG_6163.jpeg

IMG_6162.jpeg

0 Likes

dudkate
Participant
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi Karl

We’ve checked it and all looks dry. Maybe the units got too hot and there’s a protective electrical coating that has turned to a liquid. 

It’s quite a few years old now so maybe time for a new one? 

Here are the pics showing the damage. 

Thanks kate 
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi

The youview boxes have no liquid components inside, just a circuit board and fan, no coolant etc.

Could something have been spilt on the device, or if you check the cables at the back, could rain have travelled down any of these cables.   I've seen this happen to a router when a telephone socket was flooded and water ran down a cable, or it can happen with an external aerial cable.  Check the cables to see if any are wet.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes