cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Tv issue

Poveyhouse
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hi all, since we have had our talk talk tv box connected, our tv’s picture is very bright, with neon colours and swirls. please see photo attached. 
Our tv is only a year old and we have never had any issues with the picture until we had talktalk installed. The broadband is great but the tv box is doing weird things to our tv. We have unplugged it etc and now we have our tv without our box. I’ve searched and searched for a customer service number to no avail. Has anyone got a number? Thanks!

39EB4CE8-9469-4F54-A09B-50CB20D04058.jpeg

Lemon Tree Cottage
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Thank you for your help Karl 

Lemon Tree Cottage
0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi

A replacement has now been ordered for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi Karl

We have now managed to add our talk talk number to our account/ profile. 

kind regards 

Lemon Tree Cottage
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Thank you, it just seems so hard now a days to just call someone to fix a problem! 
We are not overly ‘tech savvy’ and just want to watch tv without having problems. 

Thank you for your help 

Lemon Tree Cottage

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 17

For completing your community forum profile, @Poveyhouse, you can add the phone number:

Dial 17070 from your own landline  / or phone your own mobile from your landline / or check in My Connection (via Service Status Dashboard) if you have forgotten what it is. 

Your account number shows in every email that you receive that notifies you about your next bill. 

One or other of these numbers is required. 

None of these methods is requiring access to your My Account to check, but the information is essential for staff to identify your account. 

There's a skeleton staff back on Monday but most are taking the Bank Holiday. However, post on here when you have managed to complete the information.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 17

All that Karl asked was for your details to be updated on your community profile. Nothing to do with access to your account, although I am sorry that you seem to be having difficulties with that now. 

The contact telephone number and opening hours can be simply found by tapping "contact us" into the search bar. I have done it for you, here's the link:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi,

We have been trying to add our account number but have been locked out of our account as there has been a security issue?! 
Is there a number that we can ring? We are starting to get a bit fed up now as we have been paying for talk talk tv that we cannot watch and now can’t access our account to find our account number etc. 

Lemon Tree Cottage
0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi

Will do, can you add the home phone number or account number to your 'Community Profile' so I can locate your account. Let me know when this is done and I'll get the box sent out with a returns bag for the faulty one.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi Karl,

We have tested everything but it keeps making the tv go neon colours. Please can you send us a new box? 

Lemon Tree Cottage
0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi @Poveyhouse 

Can you confirm that another HDMI cable was tested and if so, I can then swap out the box.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

@Poveyhouse, please follow @fr8ys's instructions for completing your community forum profile details  - this is for staff to identify your account. 

They'll be back on here after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi Karl,

We do not have another tv in the house. We are now paying for a tv service that we cannot use. 
Please can we have someone come out to us or send us another box as this one appears to be faulty? 

Lemon Tree Cottage
0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi

Do you have another TV in the house that you can connect the TalkTalk Box too, and see if that gives the same effect or if it works as normal.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Hi, 

yes we have tried all of the other ports and the same issue keeps happening. We have other devices plugged in and no issues with them (Xbox, fire stick). 
we have the talk talk box attached 

81101F01-6A9B-48E4-82A0-D46457B18990.jpeg
Lemon Tree Cottage
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

This is usually the fault of the HDMI cable or connection.

Sometimes switching it round or to another HDMI input works.

Do you have another cable you can try?

Which box do you have as there are now a number of boxes customers have? Providing this information may help with the response.

You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
You can also add your account number in the private notes field, which only you and the support staff can view.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes