cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV box stuck in reboot loop

mr-mac
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi, got an old tv box that’s stuck in reboot loop when try to power it up.  I have tried the menu pressing +- on startup and reset didn’t change it and update always gets part way through (about 1/3d on progress bar) and fails at same point every time.

tried to get help via chat but they wanted to do 25min of tests on line and all sorts (I have a severely autistic son who needs 100% constant supervision and can’t spend that long trying to get this sorted).  She also said it was an intrusive test on my line I replied I can’t afford for my sons tablet to stop working as he will have a meltdown to which she replied it wouldn’t affect service.  I wasn’t convinced otherwise why call it intrusive.  My broadband is working fine and pretty sure connection problems wouldn’t cause a TV box to stick in a reboot loop.  She was adamant she had to do this to also check my equipment not just the line.  Err gonna have a hard job as my router and modem are not Talktalk equipment.

anyway just thought this may be a route to get some support as seen others post with same issue and get it sorted on here. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Yeah will be getting tv removed and going for next speed up on broadband.

meant to say was using a humax 5000 for freeview and got a Roku for all the other services like Netflix and Disney plus etc 

thanks for help

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

I assumed that it was a recordable box which have hard drives.

As you are sourcing your own box if you currently pay the TV charge, you could phone the loyalty team and ask them to remove this.

If you wish TalkTalk to recycle your old box ask for a returns bag at the same time.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

No hard drive in it….  Factory reset didn’t work as still in a boot loop after doing that.

I see they no longer do this service think gonna change to a faster broadband and do away with TV component.  Humax 5000 on way from eBay which will cover off the freeview plus Netflix and other services she wants to access nicely I reckon.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Unfortunately if a full factory reset, lose recordings does not work, your hard drive has failed and the box bricked  

Did you try the lose recordings option? If not give that a try. Keeping recordings attempts to fix the drive , whereas losing recordings formats the drive, and if fixable it will do so.

If the box has failed you should still be able to watch TV if it has a Freeview tuner. Remove the aerial lead from the box and connect it direct to your TV.

Please note that if you are eligible for a new box, TalkTalk now only supply non recordable ones.

Obtaing a new box may require you to recontract and pay the TV fee. I suggest you phone back and speak to the loyalty team who will confirm your eligibility for the 4K box.

Staff here are back on Monday but they may inform you to phone too.

If you can confirm the reset you tried, it may speed things up .

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes