cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TalkTalk 4K Box staying on red and TV not turning on.

Geoff15
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

TalkTalk 4K Box staying on red and TV not turning on. Is the problem with the box or the TV ?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

If you have reset the box the TV needs to be on so you can view this process.

Do you mean that turning the box on does not turn your TV on?

If so then the TV is not picking up via the HDMI that the box is on. If you have another HDMI port try plugging in to that.

Or do you mean the box remote will not control your TV?

The box requires a supporting device to have CEC (i think its called) protocol. The box has this and you can turn this on in the settings. Check your TV to see if this can be turned on. It may be that your TV does not have this protocol. Not all do.

Even with this, not all functions  can be mapped across.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi fr8ys - I have successfully reset the 4K box and the LED is now blue. However, the Samsung TV is still not switching on. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Have you pressed it 5 times in quick succession?

It will run through the set up process again.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Geoff15
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Yes, the batteries are new. I've just reset the 4K box by pressing the button. When the button is depressed the LED is blue, but when I release the button the LED turns red.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Have you tried new batteries in the remote?

Have you tried turning the box on via the button on the side of the box?

The TV itself shouldn't be affected by box issues. You should be able to turn the TV on with its remote.

If no joy, try resetting the box. Press the button on the box 5 times and it will reset.

0 Likes