cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

YouVIew service with Talk Talk

cuffleypete
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I have a YouView box that still works great, and lots of programs recorded on it.

A press release some time ago said that the Youview platform would be supported until at least March 2024.

That's only 2 months away now, and I would like to know if my YouView Recorder box will still work after March this year, or if it's about to abruptly stop working.

Is there anyone out there who knows what will happen?

Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

cuffleypete
Team Player
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

That's really helpful.  I thought maybe it would just become defunct at end of March.  Don't mind replacing it when it dies of old age, but it would be very annoying if it suddenly stopped being useable because the powers that be turned off the EPG signal being sent out.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Your box will continue to work until it dies.

The support mentioned is financial support for the YouView proposition.

T

alkTalk's new TV Hub is an android box, but is underpinned with the YouView operating system 

BT or rather EE continue to issue boxes which are using YouView as are Sony TVs. 

It may not be apparent to users of some products that it is YouView based, but this is a change of focus for YouView in that they now support business customers and have no retail presence.

Your box will continue to receive updates too as and when issued.

What will, and have already occurred is that as the box ages, the apps will no longer function as changes are made by the App owners. This is beyond TalkTalk and YouView control. We have seen this with the demise of the ITV app, and support of Netflix with adverts missing.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).