cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Scam calls.

KannyKen
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Things seem to have changed since I last posted about anything so not sure where i can let people know about a scam.

Just received a call on my landline claiming to be from TalkTalk and quoting my name and phone number claimed I owed money for a premium rate call and had ignored a written demand for it. Then he claimed I was about to receive another written demand then my phone would be restricted. I told him I had received no letter and thought it was a scam call. Then he told me "You should not talk so much at your age you old ****" and rang off. ( for **** insert rudest word you can think off beginning with the third letter of the alphabet).

Checked my account and owe nothing.

Kanny Ken

Some people call me Victor Meldrew. I don't believe it!
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

No. I accepted the all as I need to clear the line for a booked called and thought it was genuine.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

So calls are coming straight through that are not on the approved list? callsafe is definitely active on your line so that seems strange.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

This was a one-off. I use callsafe and ordinarily block calls that are obvious scams. However this week in particular I have been receceiving legitimate calls from new numbers, including one that is always number withheld and was actually sat at my desk waiting for a booked call from a reputable organisation. So thinking it was a genuine call I wished to take it quickly to clear the line for my booked call.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Is this happening often?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Display said number witheld.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi KannyKen

Did you get the number?, you can report it to our check and report site https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Check-and-Report/bd-p/check-and-report

The network can block it. 

0 Likes