cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Can't remove unlimited calls boost

mardra
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi

I noticed a few months ago that my bill went up to £42 and I now found out it is because of the unlimited calls boost for £16. I don't use the landline so would like to turn that off. It says I can cancel the addons at any time but when I go to manage addons there is nowhere to turn off the boost.

I can see a few people had the same problem and a staff member on the forums turned off the boost for them.

Please could you turn off the unlimited calls boost on my account too? I have put my talk talk phone number on my profile.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2 

I found the transaction history but there is no credit in there, only the bills and payments for £42.

I can see from there though that yesterday's bill was actually raised on Monday which is the same day @Arne-TalkTalk  made the changes to the account. So it looks like it was just bad timing.

Message 2 of 6

The bill that came in yesterday would have been made up a day or two sooner, @mardra.

The face value cannot be changed once it's produced. 

Look in Transaction History in My Account for the credit. If it's there, it is in time for the Direct Debit to calculate the remainder due, so it will take the correct amount from your bank account. 

The subsequent bill, next month will show the details of what happened this month.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 6

Thanks Arne,

I can see on my account page that the boost is gone, and I received an email telling me it had been removed.

I got a new bill yesterday which still includes the £16 calls boost though and that direct debit will be taken on Monday 22nd. Is this just because the update hadn't made it round the system in time?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi @mardra

The boost has now been removed. If the direct debit has already been taken you will see a credit on your next bill for the advanced payment. 

Regards

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

These days, My Account often doesn't behave as it should, @mardra!

Staff will be back after the weekend. 

If you want to avoid further unnecessary charges immediately, phone in or use Chat, using the contact details in this link:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

The pro-rata refund will show on your next bill. 

If you use your phone a lot, however, it's worth keeping the £16.00 boost, as individual calls to 01, 02, 03 are @ 24p per minute. 

You can also ring in and haggle over the price of the boost.

They may offer you a better deal on it. They then remove the current one and reset a discounted boost for X months.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes