cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Can't escape Talktalk now !

anon1234
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Talktalk wacked up the price of my internet. I tried switching to Vodaphone but they say that Cityfibre won't allow an order to be placed until I cancel and am disconnected with Talktalk. Then they can put an order on the system and then in 2 weeks I will have internet again. I can't be without internet for 2 weeks as I work from home. This seems crazy. Has anyone else been told this ?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

@anon1234 wrote:

re.  "The migration process for FTTP lines is nothing like LLU/ FTTC lines," - but it should be !   The only way I can leave Talktalk now is to accept no internet for 2 weeks !!

I would agree that a a better migration process needs to be developed, but that needs to be worked out between all ISPs and infrastructure providers involved in delivering FTTP services. It's not just TalkTalk's fault that a system is not in place.

0 Likes

anon1234
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

re.  "The migration process for FTTP lines is nothing like LLU/ FTTC lines," - but it should be !   The only way I can leave Talktalk now is to accept no internet for 2 weeks !!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi anon1234

The migration process for FTTP lines is nothing like LLU/ FTTC lines, unfortunately, to go to another provider there has to be a cease placed once that completes, only then can a new order can be placed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Likes

anon1234
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

I am on Fibre 65 but when I signed up with Talktalk I was on copper and then I was forced to move to fibre  by Talktalk. Now I am on fibre I can't simple switch to another provider and for it to happen on the same day, as was always the case beforehand. I am posting on here to see if anyone else is finding this. It is what Vodaphone told me. I don't expect Talktalk to help me much and I am not sure I have the time or the patience to try the Talktalk phone line. Just wondered if anyone else has found this problem ?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

@nyargc, it's not entirely clear in your post who "they" are - really important to be very specific with the details as these switches are SO complicated!

However, please start your own thread if you need help with this. You need to click on START A TOPIC in the appropriate message board. 

Also, as described above in my reply to the original poster, complete your community forum profile details for TT staff support. They will be back after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

nyargc
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Exact same situation, I was puling my hair out at the useless customer service. Cityfibre cancelled my vodafone 900mbit package due to having talktalk who can only do fibre 65. After 2 hours on the phone they finally cancelled with an end date of the 2nd april. I work from home too but have been advised i can put in for the package 2 weeks in advance? I also don't wanna be be using 5g mobile internet for 2 weeks.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

What service do you have from TalkTalk presently and who is the supplier? Switching between different providers on different networks is a mess at the moment and City Fibre in particular do not seem particularly adept at it. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

More information needed, @anon1234.

You need to complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. Go via your avatar/name; settings; personal information.  SAVE CHANGES. 

Clarify what package you are currently on.

If it's already FF through Talktalk using CityFibre infrastructure, that might be a different scenario from simply switching from ordinary Fast Broadband to a Full Fibre service. 

Staff will comment after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes