cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Land line

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 53 of 53

City Link have just dug up my Land Line whilst laying New fibre Cable. Open Reach need to repair Line asap

0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Message 21 of 53

Hi ernie66

Openreach have confirmed that the dig work has been completed. 

Excavation due to be open on 07/11 for BT Openreach to revisit.

0 Likes

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 53

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

The compensation credit takes away some of the headache, but it's still a pain in the neck when Wi-Fi security cameras don't work.

I guess I'll just have to sit tight and wait for Openreach to turn up. 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 53

Hi ernie66

I'm really sorry for the delays.

This fault is in hand with Openreach and the dig team to repair the blocked duct.

I will keep monitoring for additional updates from Openreach.

I've also linked to About your auto compensation credit

0 Likes

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 53

Morning @Michelle-TalkTalk 

The 7th, that's absolutely not acceptable,  are Openreach actually aware that I don't have a connected land-line and therefore no Internet.

If the dig team are due on the 7th then the engineer still has to reconnect the line making for further delay.

My household will now have to purchase extra data to carry on using their devices, are Openreach going to cover the cost of that ?

What would happen if I where running a business from home, I would be totally at a loss. 

I'm now paying for a service which I don't have and I'm not very happy about the whole issue.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 53

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. The notes from Openreach advise that they are due to revisit on 07/11.

Thanks

0 Likes

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 53

Morning @Michelle-TalkTalk 

The temporary repair has now given up the ghost, I do not have a Internet connection now. Perhaps you could give Openreach the hurry up.

0 Likes

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 53

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Ok, but there has been miscommunication somewhere along the line.

Also, since yesterday evening the connection has been down more than it has been up, whether this due to the temp repair or issues in my area I don't know. 

Hope the dig team arrive soon

0 Likes

Message 28 of 53

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear that. It is the line test which determines the location of the fault and how this is logged. As the line test showed a DIS (disconnection) fault then this is logged as an external line fault. Notes were also added to advise that the line was damaged by dig work. We will check the fault again tomorrow to see if they have provided a date for the dig work to be completed.

Thanks

0 Likes

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 53

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Openreach turned up as expected, however they thought they were investigating a line fault until I informed them it was a damaged line.

If it had been reported correctly to them as damage and not a fault, they would have attended within 4 hours, instead I've had to wait 14 days as I would have been pushed to the back of the queue.  

On my initial post to you I did say the Line had been dug up and on the following post, severed.  Surely this wasn't reported to Openreach as a line fault?

I now have to wait further as another team are needed to dig up the pavement before the engineer can make good the Line, so I could be waiting another week!!!

0 Likes

Message 30 of 53

Yep, hopefully it will go ahead today 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 53

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

👍Fingers crossed 

0 Likes

Message 32 of 53

Hi ernie66,

There's was an update on the 29th saying the work is scheduled for today but this isn't guaranteed and is subject to change. I'll check again later for an update

Chris

0 Likes

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 53

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

Still waiting for Openreach to turn up, will my land line ever be repaired ?

0 Likes

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 53

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

👍

0 Likes

Message 35 of 53

Hi

There is no timeslot for this type of engineer and they can show up at any time of day.  This is actually linked to another fault in the area, so Openreach have asked us to check back with them tomorrow.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 53

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Openreach haven't turned up yet

0 Likes

Message 37 of 53

Hi ernie66

There are no additional updates from Openreach as yet. I will continue to monitor this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 53

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

👍

Message 39 of 53

Morning ernie66

I will check in again with you tomorrow once Openreach have updated their notes.

Thanks again.

Debbie

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 53

Morning @Debbie-TalkTalk 

👍