cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Land line

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 53 of 53

City Link have just dug up my Land Line whilst laying New fibre Cable. Open Reach need to repair Line asap

0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Message 41 of 53

Hi ernie66

Openreach have advised that an engineer is due to go out on 25/10 to investigate further.

Thanks

Message 42 of 53

Hi ernie66

This fault is still under investigation with Openreach, no additional updates have been provided at the moment.

I will continue to monitor for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 53

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

👍

Message 44 of 53

Hi,

Thanks for the update. The line test did detect the fault so hopefully Openreach will resolve this fully.

Thanks

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 53

Morning @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Ok thanks, thought you should know that Cityfibre need to clear the site and move on, so they have made a temporary repair by twisting the severed cables back together. They have also relayed the pavement so when Openreach eventually turn up they will have to dig the pavement back up to access the temporary repair, what a laugh !!!

Because of the repair, internet speed has been reduced from the usual 55megs to 35megs over wifi.

0 Likes

Message 46 of 53

Morning,

We've checked and the fault is still with Openreach, no additional updates as yet. We'll check this again tomorrow.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 47 of 53

Hi,

No problem. Hopefully it won't take too long to resolve. We'll post back with the latest update in the morning.

Thanks

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 53

Morning @Michelle-TalkTalk ,

Ok thanks, will report back when the line has been repaired.

0 Likes

Message 49 of 53

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've passed this over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation. We'll check this again in 24hrs to see if there are any additional updates.

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 53

Yes, I assumed that it was them. I have passed this over to the TalkTalk support people on here (it is just that I happened to beat them to seeing your thread). Hopefully, they'll pick it up & deal tomorrow.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

ernie66
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 51 of 53

Hi Keith,

yes City Fibre, thanks for your help

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 52 of 53

I assume that you mean City Fibre? I will ask TT to pick this up ASAP for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?