cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Persuaded to take Fibre 150 and Voice Package but do I really need it?

dbenn80164
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

As my contract was coming to an end and the on-line renewal offers were about £15.00 more than that other companies were offering I decided to phone the Customer Loyalty Team yesterday to see what the best TalkTalk could offer was. 

I was persuaded to take Fibre 150 and Voice Package at a competative price. I am quite happy with the current fibre I haveI have (Fibre 35) so am wondering if I'm able to keep my current set up at the reduced prices? It seems a lot of hassle just to have a competatively priced bill each month.

I have been told via email that I need to have 4 free sockets. What are each of these for?

If, after my contract ends, I decide to go to another Broadband provider will there be any issues in transferring over? Will the VoIP cause problems or is that easily transferred as well?

The phone call to the Customer Loyalty Team lasted over 40 minutes and was with someone who sounded too ill to be working. There was loads of coughing and sputtering with the odd "Oh God" thrown in and lots of silent pauses. By the time the call was coming to an end I couldn't wait to get away.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi dbenn80164

If you just wish to recontract the current package you will need to call again and ask for that and for the new order to be stopped. 

The sockets are for the equipment that needs powering up information on Future fibre can be found in our help page About Future Fibre 

Hope that helps. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Sooner or later we are all going to have to lose the old landline, @dbenn80164. In 2025 in fact.

Grab a good cheap offer while it's available. By the time your new contract expires, there will be more flexibility in the market. 

The 4 sockets are essential for set up:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-Future-Fibre-is-installed/ta-p/2555166

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes