cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

always a problem with the line

grahamh123
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 31 of 31

So internet is really slow today - I am on fibre150 data only. When I run a speed test it gives me 38Mb down and 30Mb up to my device. Doesn't show a speed to my hub. When I do a line test it ALWAYS comes back with "we think you have a problem with your line" and then it says "we are working on it, please check back in a couple of day" When I check back in a couple of days the fault has been cleared - no message. A few days later it does it again. Last time I spent some time on the phone and was sent a new LAN cable, no difference. Starting to wonder why I went for fibre 150 as it seems no better.

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

Hi,

My apologies, I think I might have mis-read your last posts. Do you mean that your using powerline extenders not additional eeros?

Thanks

Message 2 of 31

The eero sits on a table above the incoming fibre. Only thing near it is a ohone connected to the landline. One of the extenders is sat connected to the eero and the other is in the next room conected to a lan switch and from there via lans to study(desktop) and smart tv.

Desktop currently getting 90Mb.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 31

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Are the eeros not situated too close to any electrical devices that may be causing interference?

Thanks

Message 4 of 31

Everything still fine thanks. No drop outs since installing new eero. Have to say tho that the wifi is not great. I know the eero is meant to be used as a mesh but all devices in use are within 15 - 20 feet of the router and I have two extenders hooked up. Not bad enough to want to pay for more eero's tho.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 31

Morning,

Just checking back in to see if everything is still ok?

Thanks

Message 6 of 31

OK thanks Graham 🙂

Chris

Message 7 of 31

So new eero arrived, Yodel useless - said they would deliver Friday - knew I would be away for w/e so asked them to deliver to neighbour; well they came Thursday and just left it on the step.

Anyway installed yesterday and all works fine. have noted the s/w version and will see how it goes after update when it happens. Have posted old eero back to Returns at talktalk.

Thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 31

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 31

thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 31

Hi

I've ordered the eero as a replacement for a faulty unit, and showing a final charge of £0.  Not sure why it triggered an automated email, but I've just checked your account, there is no change to your contract, and the eero6 I have ordered is showing with a final price of zero, so no charges are applied for this.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 31

Thanks for that but.......

just received the following email from yourselves

Account number:

New package:
Fibre 150 Data Only

New package start date:
04 May 2023

One-off charges:
eero 6 Replacement : £89.00

Equipment:
eero 6 Replacement

The monthly price of broadband will rise in April each year by the rate of inflation plus 3.7%. New contracts from 1st Feb 2022 will receive this rise from April 2023. Please visit talktalk.co.uk/legal for more information.

Don't want a new contract. Present contract runs from January and does NOT include annual rise with inflation. I specifically chose that option - no incremental annual increase. Also charge of £89 for the eero??? And anyway why would I want to pay that when I can buy one from Amazon for less??

0 Likes

Message 12 of 31

Hi

I'll swap out the eero6. a replacement is on the way and we can see how this one behaves.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 31

Hi Debbie,

talktalk sent me the eero6 when I signed up in Jan. If I had bought it from Amazon I would already have sent it back. Did you see my post re dropout problems with eero6 after s/w update .13? Seems like quite a common problem according to posts on the eero site.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 31

Hi grahamh123

Thanks for your reply.

Can I just check, did we send you this eero or did you purchase this yourself?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 31

ok so its run fine with no more dropouts. It seems to me that the fault is withy the eero 6. Old router runs fine but slower. 64k question is how do I get the eero swapped out. Over the last 2 days I have spent some 3+ hours on the phone with tech help. All they want to do is get me to BUY more eero's for £6 per month or upgrade to fibre 500 - and therefore get eero's and pay more. Gave up this afternoon and refused to hold on the line any more. How do I get a faulty eero swapped out? It's not really supposed to be this difficult is it? 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 31

OK, thanks for the update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 31

Ok Have connected. Seems to work fine. Down speed 90, up speed 30 via extender and lan. No drop outs yet, watch this space.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 31

OK thanks, that should work. Could you give it a try and let us know how you get on

Chris

grahamh123
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 19 of 31

uawei 8041w-2.t5/av1/c1

0 Likes

Message 20 of 31

What is the make and model number of the pre FF router?

Chris

0 Likes