cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No Internet - Flashing Orange and Blue light

Liz7263537
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 32 of 32

Hello!

We’ve had no internet since the 2nd May and the router just continuously flashes orange and blue. Performed many troubleshooting steps as listed below:

- Tried resetting

- Tried Factory Reset via physical pin

- Left the router device off for over 20 minutes numerous times

- Tried different ADSL cable

- Checked for landline noise (clear line)

An Openreach engineer did visit the property today and replaced an extremely old master socket with a new Master Socket 5C but the issue still persists. Engineers diagnostic tools were able to detect our correct download and upload speeds and they mentioned the issue is most likely a faulty router as the router is able to sync but not connect via VDSL (engineer made a phone call to talktalk and processed a new router to be sent in the meantime).

My only worry is that the new router still won’t resolve the issue as we have a secondary older talktalk router and the problem still persists.

Talktalk live chat have stated the router isn’t able to provide a sync check result and have just advised to restart the router etc. (Is there an issue with authorisation?)

Anyone that can help with any line refresh/resets would be very much appreciated. 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub (Black device)

Router settings display all the correct sync speeds (showtime) but doesn’t seem to be able to make a VDSL connection as the status is stuck on “Connecting”.

Thanks

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 21 of 32

Done, flashing amber currently. The sequence is flashing amber, flashing amber and white and then stable amber.

Could this be a DSLAM issue at the cabinet?

0 Likes

Message 22 of 32

Hi Liz7263537

Thanks for the Private Message.

I'm unable to connect to the router, please can you try a pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 32

Hi Debbie,

Sent! 🙂

Thanks

Message 24 of 32

Hi Liz7263537

Please can you send me a Private Message with the serial number from the back of your router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Liz7263537
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 25 of 32

Issue still persisting with the new router that arrived today unfortunately. Router will blink amber and white and then stays stable amber. 

Router log displays “WAN DHCP client(1)failed

Anyone able to assist with this please? 

5B296D95-BC7D-400C-90D5-39E992C105FC.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 26 of 32

Hi

OK, next step is to test with the new router as soon as it arrives so we can then progress.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 32

Thanks for the info Karl,

I believe the issue stems from not being able to make a connection via ipv4/VDSL? (See below screenshot)

D0DF9C3B-02FF-49B3-9871-8DC5E08D8EA9.jpeg

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 28 of 32

Hi

I am showing the router as dispatched. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

All line tests I have run are clear and not detecting any obvious issues.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 29 of 32

Morning Karl,

Thanks for the reply. 

Are you able to confirm if the router was dispatched Friday? Just trying to get an understanding of when to expect it.

Cheers

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 30 of 32

Hi

The router is the most obvious cause of the issue, so ruling this out allows us to then look at other factors.  Our colleagues have ordered a replacement router, so connect this up as soon as it arrives and let us know here what happens.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 32

Some staff will be back on Monday, @Liz7263537. No TT staff on here at weekends. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.