cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No Internet - Flashing Orange and Blue light

Liz7263537
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 32 of 32

Hello!

We’ve had no internet since the 2nd May and the router just continuously flashes orange and blue. Performed many troubleshooting steps as listed below:

- Tried resetting

- Tried Factory Reset via physical pin

- Left the router device off for over 20 minutes numerous times

- Tried different ADSL cable

- Checked for landline noise (clear line)

An Openreach engineer did visit the property today and replaced an extremely old master socket with a new Master Socket 5C but the issue still persists. Engineers diagnostic tools were able to detect our correct download and upload speeds and they mentioned the issue is most likely a faulty router as the router is able to sync but not connect via VDSL (engineer made a phone call to talktalk and processed a new router to be sent in the meantime).

My only worry is that the new router still won’t resolve the issue as we have a secondary older talktalk router and the problem still persists.

Talktalk live chat have stated the router isn’t able to provide a sync check result and have just advised to restart the router etc. (Is there an issue with authorisation?)

Anyone that can help with any line refresh/resets would be very much appreciated. 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub (Black device)

Router settings display all the correct sync speeds (showtime) but doesn’t seem to be able to make a VDSL connection as the status is stuck on “Connecting”.

Thanks

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 1 of 32

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 32

Hi Liz7263537

I've been advised that this fault should now be resolved?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 32

Hi Liz7263537

I've requested an update this morning and I will post back shortly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 32

Hi Liz7263537

Dani has just let me know that they will be investigating this fault this morning. I will let you know as soon as they come back to me with an update. Apologies the call dropped, it might be because of the tests they are running.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 32

I was called around 30 minutes ago by Danny within Case Management.. they said that they were going to attempt to “reset connection” put me on hold and then the call cut off? Not quite sure what’s going on ☹️

0 Likes

Message 6 of 32

Hi Liz7263537

Apologies again. I have escalated this straight back over to our Network Team and I will post back here as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 32

Hi Debbie,

We haven’t had internet since it worked for a for hours after the engineer left on Friday. The engineer stated the issue was that our account/configuration wasn’t setup/no where to be found, so he had to wait on the phone whilst talktalk did it all again manually.. after doing so our internet come back instantly… for a few hours then went off again.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 32

Hi Liz7263537

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Is this fault still happening today?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 32

Hi Debbie,

That didn’t last long.. we have the exact same issue again (no internet).

Engineer stated earlier today that there was nothing wrong with our property or the cabinet.. the issue was that our connection configuration/credentials were nowhere to be found on the network and had to be manually created/inputted again (engineer called talktalk whilst at the cabinet). and our service was restored instantly.

As of 22:00 tonight, left with no internet yet again with the exact same dhcp client failed errors within router logs 😞

0 Likes

Message 10 of 32

Hi Liz

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Hope you have a lovely weekend too 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 32

Afternoon Debbie,

I can happily confirm we’re all back online now, solid white light following the engineers visit.

Wishing everyone a nice weekend 🙂

Thanks,

Liz

Message 12 of 32

Hi Liz7263537

I will check in with you later today once our Network Team have provided me with an update.

Thanks again.

Debbie 🙂

Message 13 of 32

Morning Debbie,

Thanks for the update, I believe they’re attending the cabinet this time around.. fingers crossed.

Thanks

Message 14 of 32

Hi Liz7263537

Our Network Team have advised that another Openreach engineer visit has been arranged for 12/05/2023 AM.

I will continue to monitor for additional updates from our Network Team.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 15 of 32

Hi Liz7263537

Our Network Team have advised that they made contact with you yesterday and that they will be contacting you again today about this fault.

Thanks

Message 16 of 32

Hi Liz7263537

Apologies for the delay. I'm still waiting on an update from our Network Team.

I will post back here as soon as they come back to me.

Thanks

Message 17 of 32

Hi Debbie,

Had a call from TalkTalk earlier asking if the issue is still ongoing and did a RADIUS refresh.. issue is still persisting. Not sure if they were apart of the network team you’ve contacted?

No internet since the 2nd May and fault tracker states the issue is on TalkTalks end and an engineer is working to fix it.

Feeling quite hopeless now, hoping this is resolved soon.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 32

Hi Liz7263537

Ok, I've escalated this over to our Network Team for them to take a look.

I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 19 of 32

Hi Debbie,

We’ve already had an engineer out to the property, tested everything and all was ok with their diagnostic tools.. router is able to sync but isn’t able to make a connection via dhcp. They suspected it’s likely an authentication issue. Are you able to rebuild our profile in the meantime and perform a complete refresh?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 32

Hi Liz7263537

It could be. If you have tested with a different router, filter and cable at the test socket then the next step will be an engineer visit to the property.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes