cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

£12.50 late payment charge????

Lunar666
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

I was with Shell Broadband and never had a problem before.

I had an email from Talk Talk to say migration was successful.

Yesterday I had another email to say that the Direct Debit was unsuccessful and I'm going to be charged £12.50 for a late payment, and basically saying it is my fault for not having the funds there, even though the funds are in my account.

If the migration was successful, how is this my fault??.

So I've attempted to log onto the online account using my email address, (where all the Talk Talk corresspondence is being emailed to), so I can have a look at what on earth is going on with my bill.

But once logged on, it is showing an old account number, an old address and states, "This service is disconnected", which it will be as it was a service I was recieving back in 2020.

I actually changed over from Talk Talk to Shell because Talk Talk were terrible but now I'm lumbered with Talk Talk again.

I've attempted, several times to amend this online account by adding the new account number and my new address, but from what myself and my husband can tell, there is no way of changing the old account number, to the new account number.

As I have not been able to log onto this online account with the current account number, I am unable to view the bill, or work out why my Direct Debit was not successful.

I'm a person of a certain age and I'm actually quite disgusted that there is not a customer service phone number that I can phone to actually speak to someone about this problem. Instead I have to come on here to post a public message.

Once my outstanding bill is paid, I will be switching over to another provider.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

The Ts&Cs you had with Shell will still apply, including minimum contract length.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

There's a global technical issue which will also affect switchboards etc, @Lunar666.

See Talktalk's service status dashboard  .... or just switch on the news. Most media is back but services across the board with anything to do with Windows or the cybersecurity company have been affected. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Service-Status-Dashboard/bd-p/service

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

I tried phoning that number and it just went dead??

Message 4 of 9

I did'nt ask for Talk Talk, I was quite happy with Shell.

If I can't phone Talk Talk how am I meant to give them a chance to resolve the problem?.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

The customer service number is 03451 720088.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Are you out of contract, @Lunar666?

If not, there will be early termination fees. You do need to have given Talktalk a chance to resolve a fault before these can be waived.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Thank you for your reply.

I've just started the process of switching over to BT, as I was able to phone them and speak to a human, so I'm not too bothered now.

Sorry Talk Talk but your service is terrible !!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

@Lunar666, your old Talktalk account details need to be removed by staff.

Then you'll be able to register for My Account afresh as a migrated Shell customer. 

Several of you have also had a problem with the Direct Debit payment which I have already flagged for staff attention. 

They will respond during the day, Monday to Friday. 

0 Likes