cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Account messed up by customer services agents

Constellation
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

How am I able to speak to residential accounts department IN THE UK after 2 long tedious call with CS the situation was made worse. Can anyone supply me with a free telephone number please.

Constellation
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

As an ongoing customer it's usually possible to have VOIP as long as you order it at the time, @Constellation. They haven't been offering the copper leave behind so much recently (as far as I can see) as it is obviously on the way out.

Surprised this wasn't mentioned before ordering the Full Fibre. 

Too late for this, I think, unless you have the whole thing ceased and set up again with VOIP included in the order at the time. 

We'll see what Arne says when he picks this up again  - might be after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

Hi Arne,

Oh dear the saga continues.

On the dashboard it still shows landline as Fibre 35, click through to My package & services & under FTTP correctly shows Fibre 150 at £29.95 + 1/2 price SSB at £3.00

BUT under the L/L No. it still shows Fibre 35 at £33.03 + £6.00 for SSB.

Also on upcoming bills it shows both.

Presumable the Fibre 35 will have to be cancelled somehow, can you do that or do I have to do it.

My concern is will that disable the landline which I do ideally need to keep for the foreseeable.

It seems the Fibre 35 goes back to the incorrect change made by the Customer Service Agent who did not listen to what she was being told.

HELP !!

Constellation
0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

Yep, appears to be. Just an unfortunate coincidence with the landline !

If there is anything amiss with the account or next bill I will get back to you.

In the meantime many thanks for you assistence

Cheers

Constellation
0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

OOOPS

Having removed some redundant cables & re-routed a couple of others

the tel lead had become disconnected from the extension lead where it was hidden.

🤦‍♂️

With your assistance all should now be ok - thank you

Keep up the good work

Constellation
0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

We haven't done anything to the line, so it will be unaffected, I will run a line test.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

Thanks for that Arne - but..........I now seem to have lost my landline.

To re-advise - with Fibre 65 it still worked on the FTC/Copper so expected it to still be live.

regards

Constellation
0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

I have raised the credit for the incorrect 2nd account and have escalated this to the billing team again, really sorry that is still ongoing. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

HI Arne,

Well it looks like the account is still in a mess.

Now got the bill dated 4th Apr with a lot on it.

Expected a charge for Fibre 150 with any amendments for the change of dates.

But..... there is the usual reference to the previous bill which includes the refund and appears to claim it back,  but an overall credit of £39.95.

Then there is a charge of 'Landline service' of £43.03 + £6.00 for SuperSafe boost.

Then there is a charge for Fibre 150 of £29.95 + £3.00 for 1/2 price SuperSafe boost. Total end charge of £60.05

This appears to be echoed on My Account but on Dashboard Tel No. shows Fibre 35 + Mobile and FTTP****** also shows Fibre 35 + mobile.

If I click through via My Package & Services it does show the 2 services with Tel No. contract ending on 24 Feb 2024.

I can only assume that the Landline service has remained because of the incorrect change that CS made as a result of my second long tedious phone call to them when she seemed to refuse to listen what she was being told.

After I first ordered in Feb 22 enquiries revealed that the landline would still work on FTC/copper which it did at the charge of £28.00.

I therefore expected that the re-alignment of the account would be FTTP with the landline still on FTC/copper at the stated cost of £32.95.

Now looks like going forward I will face a monthly charge of £81.98 which I cannot afford.

I really need to have this sorted out & sincerely hope you are able to do this for me.

regards

Constellation
0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Thank you, If there is anything out of place when the bill arrives let me know straight away.

0 Likes

Constellation
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 26

HI Arne,

Yes it has gone through, now got 144.1/30.5 & definite improvement in page load time.

Have just checked bank & refund has also landed today - many thanks for sorting that.

However when I log in to My Account it still shows my package as 'Fibre 35 + Mobile'. Moved mobile when the supply went to O2 !

Take it that might catch up in a few weeks time, It'll be interesting to see what detail is printed on the bill when it lands next week.

cheers

Constellation
0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

Hi Constellation

Looks like the upgrade has gone through. 

Can you confirm the speed has increased? 

0 Likes

Constellation
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 26

Thanks for that Arne, refund applied for via My Account, (hope they approve it !!).

Also Fibre 150 ordered with a go live date of 25th March at £29.95 pm + 2.50 for SS boost

no additional charge for landline which will still work on copper so I am told.

At least the agent I spoke with this time was able to explain the details a lot better than the so called advisor that I spoke with 2 years ago 🙂

So 🤞 for a successful outcome this time

Cheers

Constellation
0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Hi Constellation

Credits have been applied, you can request a refund via My Account.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26
0 Likes

Constellation
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 26

HI Arne,

Thanks for your response & apologies for the amount of original info !

Yes would very much appreciate the refund & I will go down the change to 150 route.

Hopefully this time it will be straight forward 🤞

Constellation
0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Hi @Constellation 

Sorry for the delay,

There is a lot of information to take in with this one. 

The account has 2 services running  your full fibre connection Fibre 65 and the landline service which shows as fibre 35, this is active  only to allow the copper line to remain so you can use the landline,  and it is this service that is generating the charges, and to further confuse things, is also showing out of contract, hence the email you received about renewing.

In terms of the refunds I can do that as you have been charged more than the promised £28

Sadly I cant make package changes to realign your account correctly this as to be done by a back office team and its not a quick and easy process, but I can pass the account over to the team who I think can fix this.  

Alternatively if you would like to take up the offer of fibre 150 you will still need to contact the loyalty team and when they place the order this should then realign the account under a new contract.

The number to call is  03451720088. 

Hope that helps. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Thanks fr8ys,  not being used to the forum I thought I had sent it to Arne, maybe my detail of the problem didn't get there.

Cheers.

Constellation
0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

Sorry to hear this.

I have escalated to @Arne-TalkTalk  in case it has fallen out of the work queue for some reason.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes