cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Bill details

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

Hi,

For the past few months I've noticed that all the extra details have been removed from the bills.

Each element in the bill only lists the monthly amount I am being charged, whereas before it displayed the full price for the package (or boost) in addition to the amount I am paying and was also possible to expand out extra details confirming the discount I am receiving on that element and when that discount period comes to an end.

Not a very helpful change removing this information.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 16

The issue, @Arne-TalkTalk , is that by "simplify", what you mean is remove some information. While I understand that this information can be found and worked out elsewhere and by other means, I found it convenient to have visibility of it in each monthly bill, and I am disappointed to have now lost that.

I'm not entirely sure why it is relevant what O2 does.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

The decision was made to simplify the bill you see in My Account (O2 have done exactly the same) ,  Like ferguson, I'm not entirely sure what the issue is?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Your monthly charge is also clearly shown. I too hope that the support team can find an answer that will satisfy you in knowing what you need to about your package, other than you can already see. 

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 16

I thought I had shown quite clearly with my previous screenshots that information which was previously presented is no longer shown.

Yes, my contract end date is shown on the MyAccount package summary page, and yes, I can search the TalkTalk website for details of the current "full" prices for their packages, but it would be so much more convenient if this information was all just displayed on my monthly bills as it used to be.

How you can think this change is for the better honestly baffles me.

Let's see if TalkTalk staff have any comment to make on the situation.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 16

Not sure what your point is to be honest? All the information you need about your package, bills etc. is clearly available, even though the presentation of it may have changed, as I said earlier. And for the better, in my opinion. 

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 16

Summary page is fine. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Package summaryPackage summary

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

OK. And what is it saying on the opening page? Again, here is mine, which seems clear enough to me:

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 16

Well, have another look at the screenshots I posted.

Previously it listed the full price (scored out) for the package and a "View more Details" option (just like there is for the boosts) which would give a message along the lines of "This includes a Fibre 65 Discount, saving you £7.95. This discount ends on 18/03/2023."

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

OK, what else are you expecting to see there?

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 16

Not really.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

That will probably explain it!  🙂

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

In the past I saw:

Previous bill summaryPrevious bill summary

I saw similar to what you posted using the "View More Details" tabs.

Now I only see:

New bill formatNew bill format

There is no "View More Details" option.

I should point out that it is just the main package I have now. I got rid of the boosts.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 16

OK, are you able to post any suitably redacted screenshots? Here are a couple of examples of what I see.

And then when I click on View More Details:

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

Tried in Edge and Firefox.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

I can still see this information, although I think the layout and presentation may have changed in recent months. Which device and browser are you using to access My Account? 

0 Likes