cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Failed to cancel my broadband and needs to be done urgently

Bar158
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I rang on 19/09/24 to cancel my internet with you as was moving house.  I received email confirmation advising this would be cancelled as of 21/10/24.

You have failed to cancel this and this now means the people who have moved into our old house now cannot set up their new internet connection.

i have rang up to ask why this has not been cancelled and got no explanation other than the order has got stuck and it would go to your back office team and take a further 5 working days to resolve. 

This is completely unacceptable and needs to be cancelled immediately as it is preventing the new owners setting up their new internet connection.  Please consider this a complaint and cancel this connection asap.  Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Staff will be back on here during the day, @Bar158. It's best to wait for their response as further posting delays the place of your topic in the workflow.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Bar158
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Thanks.  I have logged a complaint.  I am not really bothered about account usage at this point, I just need it cancelled asap.

Please can someone in billing check and remove whatever is blocking this asap

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

@Bar158, check in My Account:

You should be able to limit allowances so that if the new owners clock up chargeable use, the service won't allow it beyond that limit. Just in case it's misused.

I'll move this to the billing section for you. They should be able to check and remove whatever was blocking the cancellation process. 

The cancellation itself cannot be processed by forum staff. 

There's a link to the Complaints process at the foot of any Talktalk page for you to follow up the poor service. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes