cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Help - My cancellation request to leave Talktalk was cancelled?

Zonnks
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 4 of 4

Hello community, very frustrated here.

Any guidance appreciated.

Account number at bottom for any staff hovering and complaint email reference number.

- My contract ended in November 2023 (moved to rolling contract)

- After issues with full fibre installation dates not being available on weekends, ask to cancel installation date and just renew back to basic package. This was notice. 

- After I cancelled installation date, told to wait a week after cancelling full fibre installation date so opted to leave and to renew to BT on 15th November with a start on 18th December date. Did this through website with details of Talktalk provided.  (Months notice) 

- No takeover request received by Talktalk when ringing for update on 11th a December. Nothing in system I am told…

- Requested to manually cancel my service to Talktalk over phone customer service and give 1 months notice instead to ease anxiety. 

- Cancellation processed and confirmed by email on 11th December at 6.48pm through Talktalk telephone customer services.  Told this will end on 11th January 2023.

- Received email ‘Thank you for choosing to stay with Talktalk’ at 7.14pm on 11th December 2023. I have not opted for with 

-  Spoke with web advisor who reissued cancellation request quickly at 7.35pm but received no confirmation. 

I am out of contract, I am baffled as why all my requests to cancel are not being processed or manually overturned.

I just want to leave Talktalk now as so frustrated…multiple chats and customer services calls…

Account number: XXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS 

[TalkTalk Case ID: ET-592053 is created]

Thanks all…

IMG_5174.jpeg

IMG_5167.jpeg

IMG_5164.jpeg

IMG_5166.jpeg

Previous contact trying to renew and how long I had to wait before being told I have to wait a week if I cancelled full fibre installation… reason for switching 

IMG_5173.jpeg

IMG_5171.jpeg

IMG_5172.jpeg

Jordan
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Zonnks

Sorry that you have decided to leave us. Just to confirm the cancellation is going through, and will complete on the 11th Jan 2024.

Regards

Message 2 of 4

Thank you so much!

I’ve just had another confirmation and re-cancellation sent at after 10pm and my account is now showing an update. These posts make a difference. 

I appreciate your kindness and help with information. 

Talktalk has been a wonderful service for years with solid connection in North west, just a recent bit of bad luck with customer service and having mixed messages that contradict each other…

fingers crossed all sorted and got the attention it needed! 

Happy holidays all 

Jordan

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

@Zonnks, never post personal information details/account number on the public platform. 

I'm moving this to the billing section. 

It's one of many problems that customers have experienced in recent months when trying to cancel. 

Staff reply during the week, daytime. 

Any cancellation request is best done through phoning up. Chat is supposed to follow up with a phone call, but often doesn't, and they are not authorised otherwise to cancel your service. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.