cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

I was charged after being told there was no charge

Message 1 of 1

I spoke to TalkTalk’s live chat regarding the broadband box on the outside of my property being deteriorated and in need of replacing as rain water was getting inside it. I provided images on the box. The Live Chat agent said they need to run tests to see what was causing the issue. I reiterated there were no issues with my service and running a test was not required as the physical box outside my house needed replacing. I believe a language barrier  was causing confusion and I was getting nowhere so I ended the Live Chat. I later received a text/email stating an Engineer appointments had been booked and there may be a £75 charge if I missed the appointment. I started a new Live Chat and explained that I did not requested this appointment nor was it communicated to me during the original Live Chat. I explained I would not be home at the date/time they had set up the appointment and did not want to incur the £75 charge. The agent explained the engineer would not need access to my house and it was all external. I also checked if there would be a charge for the engineer coming out, and it was confirmed there would be no charge. When the engineer arrived, he explained he was there to enter the property and run a test to identified the service issue. I explained that was not the case and the box needed to replacing outside. He was not appear if this and said he had a spare “BT” box in his van and it wasn’t the correct box but “it’ll do”. He replaced the box ad again there was no mention of a charge. I later received a bill from TalkTalk for £75 Engineer Visit. No only was a told on two separate Live Chats there would be no charge, but I’ve been charged for an appointment I did not ask for and a box that looks awful / not the correct one. I phoned TalkTalk and they said they would “investigate it”, as if I’ve lied about being told via Live Chats there would be no charge. TalkTalk said they’d get back to me with the result within two working days, but that has passed and I’ve not heard back from them. Unfortunately, I am now having to try TalkTalk Communities to get the £75 charge removed as it is illegal to charge once you’ve said there is no charge. It is also not my fault if your Live Chats agents are not sufficient in English to correctly assist customers issues. I will finish with warning potential new customers to avoid TalkTalk as they will illegally get as much money out of you as possible.

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0