cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Locked out of "My Account"

Gonzo
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I am locked out of My Account, I only pay for Mailplus. I clicked on forgotten password, received the email and changed my password but am still locked out. In any other account/website where I have done this changing the password would reset things and allow you back in. I phoned support and was told they couldn't unlock it, and I should wait 24 hours and try again. However even after several days I still can't access it.

Note - email access is OK. Any suggestions please? Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Gonzo 

The reason that the MailPlus MyAccount login does not work after the login email password has been changed is because the protections for MyAccount include blocking any email Username or email Username password changes made from a non TalkTalk network IP address.  MailPlus subscribers by definition will not be connected to the TalkTalk network as those subscribers have left TalkTalk Broadband for a different Broadband supplier (ISP).

The software developers for MyAccount haven't provided an exception for MailPlus subscribers. We would also like you to be able to view MyAccount but that's not currently possible off-net. Which is why I suggested not waiting for something that was not going to happen.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Gonzo
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi @Gliwmaeden2 , @Gondola and @Ady-TalkTalk  thanks for the replies, sorry for not responding sooner to the earlier posts, a lot going on. I've now given it several days, and it still doesn't work, so I guess @Gondola is correct. Why do I want in to it? To see what's there really, I guess I'm a bit OCD and I like things to work properly, especially if I'm paying for it 🙂 But as @Gondola  says, I can do what I need to do in other ways. Thanks again for the comments.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi Gonzo, if you get an error message then its likely Gondola is correct. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi Gonzo 

There's no need to wait because you will not be able to login to your MailPlus MyAccount. This is a long-standing unresolved issue for MailPlus customers. However, you do not need MyAccount as you can change email password via the Forgotten password route, get a mailbox deleted via the Data Protection team and enquire about your billing status via the Customer Service Billing team.

Good to know the email service is working for you. What exactly did you wish to do via the MailPlus MyAccount?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Give it a FULL 24 hours of not trying at all, @Gonzo.

Let us know if it still isn't working after the weekend. Staff won't be back on here before Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.