cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Engineer visit charge

AllanH
Participant
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

I am writing to query the charge of £75 for an engineer visit on the 11/7/23. 

I already knew the fault was not in my home and was expecting an Openreach engineer. The engineer that did arrive confirmed that there was no fault in my home or with any piece of equipment. He did not have to install a new router or any other hardware. Therefore I am not liable for this charge, this is likely an issue with the heavy rain we experienced in the weeks preceding this visit affecting the infrastructure outside my building according to the engineer and I agree.

I will expect to be refunded the £75 as soon as possible.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi @AllanH

Sorry for the delay

I can see that a credit has been raised for the engineer charge it will show on your account in the transaction history in My Account. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Stop responding to my messages, you aren’t helping, you’re just coming off as a busybody. This is none of your business. And talktalk encourages customers to use this “community” as a way of resolving issues. Phoning them has rarely helped me resolve anything as the agents rarely have the authority to resolve anything. So to sum up. Mind your own business, thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 15

If it is getting very urgent contact Talktalk directly,  @AllanH:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Please let us know if this gets resolved. Otherwise, your thread has been re-escalated, and it's now best to wait for a further response from staff, to keep this moving forward in the queue for attention. So don't post further till you see a reply from TT staff. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Well, just so you know: staff do take holidays and are not always covered on this board, @AllanH

0 Likes

AllanH
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 15

Hi I did the security thing two days ago. And please, no well meaning types need reply, it wasn’t you who was charged £75 for nothing when you really need that money, thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

@AllanH, it does take a day or so for the records to be checked etc.

Just wait for staff to respond again. They are on here during business hours only, Monday to Friday. 

0 Likes

AllanH
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 15

Hi I did the security thing this morning 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi @AllanH 

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

He had a router with him so I assume he was from talktalk 

0 Likes

AllanH
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 15

He was definitely an internal engineer, he told me so and was confused as to why he had been sent out

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 15

OK, so was it not in fact an Openreach engineer? The support team here will of course look into this for you as soon as they can. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

How could he fix this fault if he was an internal engineer? It makes no sense to charge me for this if the engineer was by definition not able to fix the external fault?

0 Likes

AllanH
Participant
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Hi he said there was no fault in my property and showed me a graph on his phone that showed loss of bandwidth coming to the flat from outside which corresponded with my loss of service. Surely this shows a fault outside?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Are you aware whether the engineer found and fixed a fault outside your property? If no fault is found then this is generally a chargeable visit.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

0 Likes