cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Moved abroad TalkTalk does not want to cancel

MaevaG89
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi, 

I have moved to Paris for work and it has been two months of back and forth with Talk Talk between not letting me cancel or not giving me an international number to reach them. I understand from previous threads that if you move abroad for work, you should (understandably) be able to 1. cancel your contract and 2. without early termination fees because you are being relocated for work. 

I have spent 40 minutes on the phone today and still I was unable to talk to someone with direct responsibility for it. Can you confirm what the official line is about moving abroad for work? This is incredibly distruptive and the customer service team I spoke to puts the company to shame in the way they deal with customers. 

Please can someone reach out to me? I have been a customer for over 5 years, I am appalled by the level of service. I was told this has been dones (the cancellation) but I have received no information, I am still being charged £80 for cancelling and they want to charge me £30 for not being able to return the router - since I have tried for the last two months to deal with it, I would have expected more support! 

Regards, 

MG
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

@Charcharlewench, please complete your community forum profile details and start your own thread if you need help with this.

But, staff on here cannot do the cancellation for you. They can check that it is being processed correctly. 

You need to persevere with the "loyalty" team on 03451 720088.

If you simply stop the Direct Debit and don't pay, you'll get chased by debt collectors and your credit rating will record that fact.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Charcharlewench
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

The company is a total scam. It needs to be investigated and shut. If enough of us go to the press and write reviews it will happen

Talk Talk is useless
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi MaevaG89

if you cancel within your minimum term then charges are applicable, really sorry that you have had to leave us, but you agreed to the the terms and conditions when you signed up. 

cancellation charges are valid.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

If you were being relocated by your employer did they not offer to cover any costs you incurred as expenses? 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

It doesn't crop up often on the forum, @MaevaG89.

Even moving because of work within the country wouldn't normally come up as a topic. I think people simply have to pay the early termination fees.

I'll move this to the billing section for staff to give you a clear response and also to sort out the router issue. The normal charge for non return of a router is usually £50, so they seem to have already compromised a bit.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes