cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Received several emails recently saying I haven't paid my broadband bill when I have.

Gavin77
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I hope I'm posting in the correct forum here as it's about my broadband account.

I just received an email from Talk Talk Customer Service saying that I have an outstanding balance which is unpaid which then goes on to mention restricted service and possible debt collectors being sent.  I had a previous email which I forwarded to phishing@talktalk.co.uk and I haven't had any replies so I've got no idea if this message is genuine or some kind of phishing attempt. 

The bill was paid 10 days ago.

Edit: The bank may have processed the payment late so can you confirm if you received the payment ok?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

OK, thanks for letting us know. 

0 Likes

Gavin77
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Just an update, I've got it sorted now.  Apparently I should have received an email saying that for the next couple of months TalkTalk can't accept recurring card payments which I never got that email (I only found about it by searching this forum).  I've paid manually and it's cleared.  Hopefully I can track down the previous bank payment so I'm not paying twice.

Message 3 of 8

As I said, the support team here can check for you and advise further, but not before Monday. Otherwise, contact customer services directly. 

0 Likes

Gavin77
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Yes, I never click on links via emails.

0 Likes

Gavin77
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

I logged into myaccount directly and it does show the unpaid balance so it was a genuine email.  The thing is it says the bill was to be paid by August 9 and I have a bank statement showing that we paid on August 6 so I don't know what is wrong with it.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

A cleared balance should show in My Account, @Gavin77, if it went through correctly. 

Sign in directly via Talktalk website pages, not the emails.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

@Gavin77 

I have moved this to the Billing section for you. Just to be on the safe side make sure that you don't click on any links in that email, expand the sender's address to see where it actually came from.

The support team here can check the status of your account for you, but they won't be back online until Monday. If you want a quicker response, contact customer services directly:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes