cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Recived an email stating i will be fined for not returning the previous hub, that I have returned

MicMe
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

To whomever it may concern @ TalkTalk,

After moving home and upgrading broadband service, I returned the previous Hub as instructed, via the PostOffice. I have the receipt. Just now I received and email stating I'm to be fined for not returning the Hub if not before December 20'th - A Hub (including bits) that's already returned.

I have a zero tolerance policy towards this sort of behaviour, if carried through. Previously, I have sought resolution through small claims + costs, and won.

Question: Can a representative confirm, or not, that said Hub has been duly received?

Thank you.

Regards,

<You know who I am>

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

MicMe
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

I tried to send a DM but apparently my message contained HTML, which it did not, then hitting reply again I was informed I had sent too many message! The message did contain an attachment image of the receipt. Shall I post it here instead?

What will a 'telephone password' enable me to do? I don't wish to spend several hours not getting through to someone due to endless queues all whilst ringing a expensive 0345/0845 number.

Gliwmaeden2,

I've received the mail twice and a total of two letters. Item was posted not less than 16 hrs later, the following morning, the first letter was  received. That is, the morning of 23/10/2023. The connection wasn't officially switched off 1'st November. Just a few days ago I received another letter and email.

The receipt does not contain tracking info, but does contain tracking parcel identification of which TalkTalk may use to lookup the Paracl & tracking data at their end.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi MicMe

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can take a look at this for you.

Please can you reply on this thread to let us know once you have completed the form.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

It's a standard email that gives you 6 weeks to return equipment, @MicMe.

Talktalk has been known to be somewhat tardy in processing returns, which can be very upsetting for people who have conscientiously already returned equipment - or it may have simply crossed in the admin process and they won't have had time yet to register the return, @MicMe, especially if you were very quick off the mark.

Did you use a Talktalk-provided returns bag?

If so, it will have a tracker number that would have a match on a certificate of posting from the Post Office  - is that the "receipt" you have?

It's then possible for you to "see" that it's been delivered by checking tracking information on the Royal Mail website. 

Check the details on the receipt. 

Staff will be back during the day  - if you don't get a response on Friday, it will be after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.