cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Shell customers being offered £20 "goodwill payment".

QuietQuiet
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Those affected by the failure of Talktalk to bill you via Direct Debit will be offered £20 "goodwill" if you complain enough.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 2 of 14

OK, you genuinely don't understand. Got it. How do I find out when my contract ends?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Seriously? You "cant see what else we can do."????

You should have contacted each and every affected customer as soon as the mistake was recognised, using whatever method you sent the "Your payment was unsuccessful" to tell them that you have realised a mistake was made, that you know what the fix is, and that the customer doesn't need to do anything.

Instead you keep repeating the same message on a closed forum, which shows that your management is incompetent and highlights your contempt for your customers.

Do you really not get that, or are you just being a good corporate wage slave?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

If you don't want to take my advice that's fine, you will continue to get emails asking for payment for this month. Direct debit is not active till next month. 

You have been offered a gesture off goodwill , given a solution, cant see what else we can do.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Excellent, then bill me next month, despite the bank and your colleague saying that the DD has been set up.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

I cant explain to you enough the problem at our end is the Direct debit instruction is NOT ACTIVE yet. it will be next month. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

From the online chat:
Candice: I can confirm that we did not fail to set up the direct debit on the account. We had a problem taking the payment on our end

Well, one of you is wrong. Either you have set the DD up correctly as Candice says (and my bank confirms) or you haven't.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Once again the direct debit is NOT active, we have produced your bill showing you what you owe, ALL the bodies you have mentioned will simply advise you to pay the bill by the alternative method we have given you.   

If you refuse to take my advice, which will solve the current situation, Please feel free to follow the complaints process found at the bottom of the page. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

You couldn't even single bill me! I love how Talktalk are so insistent that the customer has to fix the issue of Talktalk's creation. If you want the money, take it by DD, or explain to the Financial Ombudsman Service why you can't. And Ofcom. and CISAS.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

We cant double bill you if the direct debit is not active, once the balance is cleared there will be nothing to claim.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

No, that's why I'm suggesting that everyone complains to get the £20 credit. This is a huge *@#][!![]'#[@#]!*-up by Talktalk, which wasn't immediately handled and was an extremely poor way to greet new customers. I still haven't received any contact or confirmation of the issue outside of the complaints channels, which shows very poor management.

I am more than happy for Talktalk to take the money I am owed, via the payment method that I authorised. I am *not* going to pay by an alternate method, because I don't trust your company not to double bill me (once by DD once by the alternate method). You have acknowledged that the Direct Debits were set up correctly, and that you failed to take payment. So take the payment now.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

It was a gesture of good will , Not a standard procedure for everyone, we have explained the problem, most have taken the advise of alternative payment method.

0 Likes