cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Unable to acess my bills after migrating from Shell Energy to TalkTalk

mattmads
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

We were migrated to TalkTalk from Shell Energy. When I access my account all it shows is the old account I had with TalkTalk from a number of years ago, and not the new account I have now (different account numbers, same email address used). Any suggestions!?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 9

@mattmads, please look out for a reply from staff during the week. Till then, this thread is closed to further posts.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

@Gliwmaeden2,

What clarification is needed?

mattmads logged in to My Account using the credentials for their previous account, and saw the previous account rather than the new migrated account, and subsequently asked the TalkTalk Community for help.

When migration of the service is completed, customers should receive an email that recommends "Discover My Account. Easily manage your service by registering with My Account."

One solution for customers who do as mattmad did is, as you have suggested, TalkTalk delete the previous account.

However, you are wrong to say that the previous account must be removed, and wrong to shutdown my response. It also appears from your comment "Not all customers wish to change which email address they use, after all." that you may not have fully read/understood my suggested solution.

Access to the new, migrated account can be achieved by registering on My Account using the account number for the migrated Shell Energy account. A different email address must be used to the one used for any previous TalkTalk account. Note that the email address for a previous account can be changed via My Account. That way the email address that was being used for a previous account can be reused for the new account.

Note that you can only use a TalkTalk email address that is in the TalkTalk Mailbox associated with the TalkTalk account in My Account. As TalkTalk has currently removed the provision for creating a new TalkTalk email address, an alternative email address must be used for registering on My Account.

I appreciate that sometimes 'help' from fellow customers may only result in muddying the water, in which case moderator (Community Star) intervention is justified. However, I feel that the moderation is somewhat autocratic, and as a result this cannot be described as a community with the freedom that TalkTalk gives the impression of with this statement:

"Our community is here 24/7, 365 days a year. If you're unable to find an answer, post your question to one of our thousands of active members day or night."

There is no point helping fellow customers only to be overruled by authoritarian 'community stars', who seem to think they know better, even when they don't. The TalkTalk support forums used to be a friendly place, with many helping fellow customers. A friendly atmosphere no longer exists.

My point is proven by the response here:
https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Unable-to-acess-my-bills-after-migrating-from-Shell-Energy-to/m-p/3070658#M334844
Rather than admit they were wrong, and apologise, they simple locked the thread.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

@mattmads 

I think the issue may be that if you were a previous TalkTalk customer then you cannot use the same email address if you ever rejoin, whether by choice, or migration as in this case. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Please leave this for a staff response, @Anonymous, as it needs clarification in the light of what was previously advised. 

Not all customers wish to change which email address they use, after all.

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

@Gliwmaeden2,

I am speaking from experience.

I have an account from when I was previously with TalkTalk.

When I was migrated from Shell Energy Broadband, all I had to do to register on My Account was use a different email address to that for the other account. It does not even need to be the same email address as that for the Shell Energy account that TalkTalk would have used for communication during migration.

I can access both of the accounts in My Account, i.e. there was need to delete the earlier one.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

@Anonymous, no, the previous information must be removed first. It's not just a matter of using a different email address with these cases.

Several customers have had this issue, specifically connected with the Shell migration AND being former customers with Talktalk, so this issue is best left for staff attention before @mattmads tries anything else. 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

@mattmads,

You need to register on My Account using the account number for your migrated Shell Energy account. You need to use a different email address to the one used for your previous TalkTalk account. Note that you can change the email address for your previous account via My Account. That way you can reuse the address you were using for your new account.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Wait for staff to reach this after the weekend, @mattmads.

They'll be able to remove the old details. Then you will be able to register afresh. 

0 Likes