cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

disconnected from another provider

Danielius
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hello i was having Full fibre 500, everything was fine until now.. I was using it until thursday  and my connection lost i was not having anymore internet its a 5th day already i am working and studying from home.I started writing in chat now, only yesterday i find out that i was disconected from by another provider i started asking who disconnected me and why they told me it a confidential information and they cant tell me.At first they was asking me did i spoke with any other provider but i told them no, i was in such a big stress because i am losing money and its possible that i will lose my job aswell because of this . So because i am living in flat i started asking my neighbours maybe they ordered a new internet or something like that, and i find out that i have new neighbours at third floor and they ordered internet, so right now when i ask talk talk what should i do about this they are telling me that my account was already closed and we can’t continue my deal that i had and i dont know what to do i have contract till 25/08  they are already offering me to make a new deal and pay from 35 to 45 for month. with the same internet speed that i had this  chat is big i hope everyone will understand what i am trying to say here.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Danielius

It does appear that there was an order to take over your line,  our obligation is to inform you of a takeover order, and if its not genuine then we can stop it, but you have to tell us, unfortunately in this case as we weren't informed that it was a mistake so we have to think that you have ordered another provider to take over the line. 

I appreciate that its not your fault at all, in this instance, have you spoken to your neighbor? Because with your new order going through, (which unfortunately we cant speed up) It possibly may result in them getting cut off and then they reorder starting the whole circle again. 

Because you are a data only customer, your neighbor may be giving a landline number that is linked to your property causing this. 

New order is due to go live 23rd.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

they warned me but now  i dont know what to do because i didint cancel i didint speak with any other provider

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

@Danielius, none of us has free time, but we do have to take responsibility when it comes to checking emails that refer to a service!

If the ISP made a muddle at the time, there was still time to remedy it when you received the email. 

Wait for staff, but I can't see that Talktalk acted inappropriately, as they did warn you.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

IMG_6688.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

yes i got the mail you are leaving us, but because i am working and studying i dont have free time i didint check the mail..

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

@Danielius, if you check your emails, did you get anything saying "sorry you are leaving us"?

That's the usual heads up to warn a customer of an expected cancellation, and should have alerted you to an imminent disconnection. 

That could also result in "early termination fees", normally, if you are still in contract, when your service stops.

So the billing issue needs sorting out as well as you getting set up again.

I'll move this to the billing section for staff to look into what information was sent out.

Obviously there's a muddle with the addresses for the services in the same block of flats. 

You will likely need to contact Talktalk again yourself:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

However, wait for staff to reach your thread during the day to look into this first for you.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Danielius
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

ask any questions give me any tips please.. sorry for my bad english

0 Likes