cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

engineer visit fee

Lesman
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

On August 14, after another report of internet problems (speed and connection drops that have been going on since April 2023), an engineer arrived. In conversation with him, I learned that he first checked and repaired something in the switchboard and then came to my house. He wanted to check the speed in the socket at my house. Only after the third measurement was the speed around 35 Mbps. Then he checked the speed on the computer and the computer showed a speed of around 18 Mbps. Using his equipment, he measured the speed on the router's connection cable. The speed was around 35 Mbps. He replaced the router with my old router and the speed increased to around 35 Mbps. End of repair. Summing up the entire repair, the problem was on the line and in the router, which lasted about 3 weeks. Today I received an invoice in which, in addition to the subscription fee, I was charged a fee for the engineer's visit. I am very surprised by this, because in light of the facts given, I do not understand where my fault lies - please show it to me. I don't know what the engineer wrote or how TalkTalk interpreted it, but I remember very well what was done at my home and what the engineer told me. Technical problems with the line have been going on for a year and a half (very significant drop in speed and internet connection interruptions. Average time of arrival for repair is about once a month to once a month and a half). During all this time I paid the full subscription (without any refund) and was rewarded with an additional fee of £75. Very nice.

Please explain the situation.

Les

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Les,

I'm just sending you a Private Message.

Thanks