cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

non renewal

nannapat
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

My contract expires on 13 October 2023. This evening, 15 September, I received an email from TT detailing my options.  If I want to leave them I need  to give 30 days notice.  They made sure they sent  the email too late to comply with this requirement, dirty underhand tactic.

I have been with TT for over 20 years but I am switching  to Virgin in the hope that when I set a recording it does actually record- very hit and  miss for the last few months with TT.

nannapat
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi nannapat

Sorry that you are leaving, let us know when you have placed the order with your new provider and we can monitor the transfer. 

Regards

Message 2 of 7

Virgin Media would definitely notify TalkTalk of a switch that involves taking over an existing telephone number. In that specific case the switch of the telephone number from TalkTalk to Virgin Media would automatically cease the old contract if that contract is a standard broadband, tv and phone contract. That service is linked to the phone number allocated to the line so switching the phone number out would end the contract. 

You have your daughter's situation as an example of what happens. Good luck with your prospective new supplier. You'll receive a notification from TalkTalk when they receive the Virgin Media notification so you will know that TalkTalk are actioning the switch and sorry to lose you as a customer.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

nannapat
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

I have advised TT of my decision to leave  them.  When my daughter switched supplier about 5 weeks ago Virgin notified TT so I assume the same will in our case. 

nannapat
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Just to add that the Ofcom mandated notification of your end of contract date and your renewal options have to be sent to customers between 10 and 40 days before the current contract comes to an end. TalkTalk have complied with the timing of this notification.

Furthermore, when a customer switches provider on the same network and the gaining provider notifies TalkTalk of the switching date and this is during the last month of the contract then the switch will usually happen around 2 weeks after signing up to the gaining provider and the required 30 day notice period is waived and there are no early termination fees.

In your case a switch to Virgin Media is a switch to a different network. It's recommended to cancel direct with TalkTalk as Virgin Media aren't currently obligated to notify of a switch of provider. This situation will be improved when Ofcom finally get their one touch switching plans implemented (next year) to have all networks implementing a simple switching service for customers.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

nannapat
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Yes this is indeed the case, but at 80 years old I failed to remember to check the contract.  I still maintain that sending an email reminding a customer that their contract will soon come to an end on a date less than 30 days from the end of the contract is a disgusting tactic.

nannapat
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Your service wouldn't just have stopped at the end of the contract, @nannapat, but would have carried on. You will pay a couple of days at a higher price to meet the 30 day requirement. 

However the end of contract date will have been visible in My Account throughout the duration of your contract and details are given in the Ts&Cs re notice periods etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes