cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

voice mail

#disgruntled
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

How does one remove basic voicemail, I have just wasted 57 minuets of my life on Chat with no success, Does anyone have a solution.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16
0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk,

I've tested the line again and it appears that the voicemail service has now finally been removed. 

Many thanks for all your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16
0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk,

I'm using a BT Freestyle 710 phone handset and it doesn't have an inbuilt answering machine.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi @#disgruntled

Voicemail is off on the line, can you confirm that your handset doesn't have a built in answer machine.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16
0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

@Arne-TalkTalk 

Still no change. Standard voicemail service is still active on the account.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

I will go back to the provisioning team,  there is a chance it may take a few hours to update.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've just tested now and unfortunately calls are still going to voicemail if unanswered or the line is engaged.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

HI @#disgruntled

Can you test the line now, it should be off now. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk,

I just wanted to check whether you added/removed the standard voicemail service, as I didn't receive any auto-generated emails?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Ok, @#disgruntled  as I said before its not showing as active at our side, it must be live on the network, what we normally do in this situation is add it on our side , then remove it which usually works, So  I will do that now, be aware this will trigger some Auto Emails please ignore them. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk,

No, so far I haven't been able to get the standard (1571) voicemail service removed. I don't want people to be able to leave messages on my VOIP landline, so I would appreciate it if you can get this disabled.

Customer Services (both phone & chat) have not been able to help and only seem to know about Voicemail Plus.

Thanks

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Hi @disgruntled

its not showing as active on your account. 

Did you get this removed?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

Is there no box to untick in My Account, @#disgruntled?

Voicemail Plus took over from basic voicemail so long ago now, the process seems lost in the mists of time. I remember removing it when they first announced the Plus version.

Reading this, you may well not be able to see an option to remove it:

1000002915.jpg

Chat agents probably cannot see this either.

I'll move this to billing for @Arne-TalkTalk to remove it manually from your service. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes