cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

2 Weeks without internetn now

timbash
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I can connect to WiFi, you have checked the line multiple times over 2 weeks, you have replaced my router and still no internet.  The system continually says there is no DNS server.  This has to get sorted out.

MJW
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi timbash,

Have you tried connecting the router to the test socket? Have you tried connecting a device to the router with an Ethernet cable to see if it's a wifi issue?

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

Have you tried connecting at the test socket as suggested by Debbie earlier?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

The connection on the router shows solid it shows it is connected to the internet, this is a replacement router that arrived last week.  Again, 3 weeks without internet is not acceptable.  Mulitiple phone calls, live chats, line tests, engineer coming to the house to check the lines. 

MJW
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

You really need to send someone out who can fix this. We know the lines are fine.  We know it's not on the wifi side.  Maybe your gateway is wrong?  Do you want all the numbers from the router?  Can you not connect to the router via back door and figure this out?  3 weeks is not acceptable, my mum feels isolated from the internet world at this point!  

MJW
0 Likes

timbash
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

This has been going on for 3 weeks now.  Everything appears fine except for no connection to the internet.  A family friend came over yesterday, hooked his laptop up to the WiFi, it got an IP address and everything is fine on that side but there is no internet.  We know everything appears fine on the line but for some reason it does not pick up a DNS.  I even had him go into settings yesterday and changed one of the DNS servers to a Non  Talk Talk one and still no internet access. 

MJW
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi timbash

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test and this is clear - No faults detected.

The line is showing in sync at the moment but I can see re connections on the line.

Is the connection dropping or are you not able to connect at all?

Is the new router connected at the test socket?

0 Likes